Thread: Can't share briefcase folder-right click doesn't work

kermitthefrog is offline Active Member

Default Can't share briefcase folder-right click doesn't work

Windows 7 64-bit , Zimbra 7.1.2 (build 10978) installed today for first time.
    In the Briefcase Tab , I created a Briefcase folder and I uploaded a couple of files in it. When I go right click on the Briefcase folder, it doesn't give me the window to edit properties, to share the folder not even to delete the folder I created.
    The same though doesn't happen when I am in the Mail Tab where I can make right click on any folder and select the options offered.

So in fact this version doesn't give us the capability of sharing briefcase folders.

Any idea about the problem ?
    Thanking you in advance.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Go to the Preferences/your-zimbra-account/sharing tab and add the Share in that tab - this works fine with the current ZD 7.1.3 beta (available from the download/beta page).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thank you for your quick response. When i click on Preferences Tab on the pane at left handside my various mail accounts appear and under each of them >> Signatures, Personas, Filters,Addr.Book and Import/Export appear and on the top All accounts exist and underneath General, Mail, Composing etc appear.
    Where can i find the sharing tab you mentioned. I looked at all these entries but I can't. Can you please tell me where exactly is ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kermitthefrog View Post
    Thank you for your quick response. When i click on Preferences Tab on the pane at left handside my various mail accounts appear and under each of them >> Signatures, Personas, Filters,Addr.Book and Import/Export appear and on the top All accounts exist and underneath General, Mail, Composing etc appear.
    Where can i find the sharing tab you mentioned. I looked at all these entries but I can't. Can you please tell me where exactly is ?
    This feature requires a Zimbra server, I hinted at that in the instructions I gave you earlier. Are you actually using ZD against a Zimbra server.
    Regards

Bill

I use Zimbra Desktop with no Zimbra Server. I only have Gmail, Hotmail and Domain mail accounts which they are all synchronized.
    I don't think this feature is a matter of Zimbra Server.
    I can't even make right click on a briefcase folder to select the share option. I can't even delete a briefcase folder or edit properties since I can't make right click. Whereas in other folders other than briefcase folders i can right click and select oprions like 'delete', 'edit properties' etc.
    It's very nice program but there are lots of bugs in this version.
    I am working on it since this morning and i have found at least 4-5 of them which i am going to post them. (one of them is calendar not working, I noticed people have already posted this issue)
    Regards.

I use Zimbra Desktop with no Zimbra Server. I only have Gmail, Hotmail and Domain mail accounts which they are all synchronized.
    I don't think this feature is a matter of Zimbra Server.
    Really? You seem to know something I don't.

I can't even make right click on a briefcase folder to select the share option. I can't even delete a briefcase folder or edit properties since I can't make right click. Whereas in other folders other than briefcase folders i can right click and select oprions like 'delete', 'edit properties' etc.
    I'd tell you that this is because you're not connected to a Zimbra server but you seem not believe what I'm telling you.
    Regards

Bill

Of course I believe you, You are the expert of the application, not me , although I am an IT person I am only one-day user of this application ! I can understand what you say that sharing has to do with Zimbra server but my question was also why I can't make right click on a briefcase folder. I created a briefcase folder and I can't delete it now because I can't make a right click and i can't select the option of deletion.
    Anyway, since this briefcase functionality goes with Zimbra Server i'll leave it for the moment till i i'll use the Zimbra server.
    You see, I m trying to use and test open source software for various applications. One of them is e-mail client/server app. I know Vmware from the virtualization field, and as I see Zimbra is very good because combines many functionalities and synchronisation capabilities with web mails, calendaring, contacts and groups all in one, that other applications need more than one products to do the same things.
    I can also understand that 'briefcase' in ZD is a file sharing activity, which is not supposed to be part of a mail client functionality and it's probably too much to ask from a free product to do much more things than what is expected to offer.
    Thank you very much anyway for your support.
    Regards

Thread Information