Thread: Importing Windows Live Mail Storage Folders

bluetoe is offline Starter Member

Default Importing Windows Live Mail Storage Folders

How does one import Windows Live Mail Storage Folders to Zimbra's Local folders?. Have have nearly two hundred folders in my WLM storage folder each with several email messages. Please advise on procedure.
    Last edited by bluetoe; 12-08-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Vinby is offline New Member

Hello bluetoe,
    I’m wondering did you find a way for import your Windows Live Mail Storage Folders to Zimbra.
    As Windows Live Mail does not support multiple address books I decided to try out Zimbra. It meets all my requirements, and more. But I also need to import my storage folders. Hopefully there is a solution.
    Thanks, Vinby

bluetoe is offline Starter Member

Default Solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinby View Post
    Hello bluetoe,
    Iím wondering did you find a way for import your Windows Live Mail Storage Folders to Zimbra.
    As Windows Live Mail does not support multiple address books I decided to try out Zimbra. It meets all my requirements, and more. But I also need to import my storage folders. Hopefully there is a solution.
    Thanks, Vinby

...not found. No one ever responded to my inquiry, Vinby. I finally moved over to Mozilla Thunderbird and I love it! I did have to have to buy a converter at Softlay to convert, but, at least I finally had an answer to my problem and TB seems to be so much fast and stable. The software I found here: SoftLay Inc - Email Migration tools, Contacts Migration tools, Email Conversion for Windows & Mac

If you do go this route, email me again and I'll try to help you with the learning curve on how to may the transition. Good luck!

Vinby is offline New Member

Many thanks bluetoe for your reply. I also posted a new thread and received no replies. I incorrectly assumed that I could easily import local folders to Zimbra but obliviously this is not the case. Previously I used Outlook Express (OE) to operate 2 email addresses & 2 address books and all worked fine. As OE was ageing I decided to upgrade and the easiest option was to move to Windows Live Mail (WLM). WLM is good but surprisingly it does not provide the same functionality as OE as regards multiple identities. So I had to revert back to using OE for one email address/address book. My preference is move all to Zimbra if possible but if I cannot migrate local folders I will consider Thunderbird. I had a brief look at 3rd party email migration tools but I need to check them further, Transend looks good. Thanks for your offer of assistance; I will revert back if necessary.

Thread Information