Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Desktop Calendar Not Working

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wgsjr1942 View Post
    I Agree! I went back to V7.1.1 and Calendar works fine. The Calendar feature is very important to me.
    A 'me too' post doesn't really help, you've given no details of what exactly your problem is nor which type of server you're connecting to for the Calendar. The only bug report mentioned in this thread (and I can't find any other outstanding bugs for Calendar in ZD) has been marked as Resolved (in a future release). FWIW, the Calendar feature works well for me (using the current ZD 7.1.3 beta) on various Linux incarnations and all versions of Windows against a ZCS 7.1.4 (and previous versions) and with a gmail account Calendar.

I'd suggest users also try the ZD 7.1.3 beta and if there really is a problem with this feature then someone should file a report in bugzilla (link at the top of this page) and others can add their experiences/comments for the same problem and also vote on it. Until a bug report is filed there will be no investigation or 'fix'.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

nyjetshead is offline Loyal Member

Default Not fixed in 7.1.3 according to bugzilla

Better advise is to use 7.1.4 (if that is available)

Here is link was posted earlier in this thread to Bugzilla if you want to follow a long at home.

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=65069

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetshead View Post
    Better advise is to use 7.1.4 (if that is available)
    Not likely as the ZD 7.1.3 beta has only recently been released.
    Regards

Bill

wgsjr1942 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Not likely as the ZD 7.1.3 beta has only recently been released.
    Details of my problem were posted in my original post. To Recap: I have 3 PC's which were running Zimbra V7.1.1. Everything was fine. All features worked. I upgraded all 3 PC's to V7.1.2. The Calendar feature stopped working on all 3. Two PC's were running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Laptop was on Vista SP2, 32 bit. I do not sync with gmail for Calendar feature but use it Locally.
    After updating to V7.1.2, you could enter the appointment info, but it would not display. I went back to V7.1.1 and Calendar was working OK. The Calendar feature is not working on V7.1.2
    I am new to Zimbra and did not know to report this to bugzilla. I will do so now.
    Thanks

jojo17 is offline New Member

Default No calendar function in v. 7.1.2 -- known issue to Zimba before release.

I have just downloaded Zimba -- whatever version is currently being offered for download, I think 7.1.2. I am running it on Windows 7, 64 bit. I spent a lot of time researching other options before deciding on Zimba. Calendar function is a major consideration.

Amazingly -- the calendar does not work. Simply does not work. I enter all the information, and then it disappears. Over and over again. A big deal breaker if I can't get it to work. I searched all over the site to find out what I was doing wrong -- with the thought in my mind that if it is this hard, even if it does work, maybe this program is not what I need.

Eventually I ended up on this forum. 1st, I find that others are having the same problem and have been having it for some time now, with no resolution being offered, and 2nd, that Zimba put it out there knowing it doesn't work! In sum, in this version, there is no useable calendar function.

I learned that in the prior version calendar worked, but not this one -- this was known but it was released anyway.

I am not "upgrading" as some of the other posters were. I am downloading it for first use and it doesn't work as represented. I have spent over half my Saturday working on this.

Apparently, if I understand correctly, it might work if I downgrade to the prior version 7.1.1, but then, maybe not because of issues with Windows 7, 64 bit.

1) Do I have that correct?
    2) Is there any reason I should continue to spend my time on this?

Hi there jojo17
    Welcome to Zimbra Calendar problems with V7.1.2. FYI I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I went back to V7.1.1 and Calendar works fine.
    I think you would be safe trying Version 7.1.1. Works for me.
    I don't understand Zimbra releasing this bug in V7.1.2 at all either. I also have spent a lot of time on this.
    Regards & Good Luck!
    WGS

I don't understand Zimbra releasing this bug in V7.1.2 at all either.
    If you think you've found a bug, why haven't you filed a bug report on the problem and posted the bug number here for other to vote? Filing a bug report is the correct thing to do and will get the attention of the developers.
    Regards

Bill

Phoenix
    You may have informed me about reporting this problem a while ago. So ...........
    I did file a bug report. It is #69170 (which is also a duplicate of bug #65069).
    Only feedback I have gotten in regards to my bug report are other users complaining of the the same problem.
    I don't think I have gotten the attention of the developers.
    Sorry - I did try!

You may have informed me about reporting this problem a while ago. So ...........
    I did file a bug report. It is #69170 (which is also a duplicate of bug #65069).
    It would be an idea if, in the future, you post details in the forums of any bug reports you've filed so we don't keep going over the same ground and otehr users can then add their comments and/or votes.

Only feedback I have gotten in regards to my bug report are other users complaining of the the same problem.
    Did you actually read the original bug report (particularly the status and comment #17)?

I don't think I have gotten the attention of the developers.
    You certainly did.

Sorry - I did try!
    You don't have to apologise but you should understand that developers do not (as a matter of routine) read these forums and bugzilla is the correct place to file bug reports. These forums are Community Supported and that means that everyone that posts here do so voluntarily (including Zimbra staff). You can get some answers on the forums but as for reporting bugs (in bugzilla, as I've stated many times) that is generally down to users.
    Regards

Bill

Thanks to you, I do now understand the correct path for reporting bugs and will do so in the future. Your point is well taken about including more info & detail (bug report numbers etc.) in forum comments. I agree, none of needs to be wasting our time needlessly chasing the same leads. Thanks for your help! It is much appreciated.
    WGS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information