Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Desktop Calendar Not Working

dmims17 is offline Starter Member

Default Calendar not working

I'm surprised this hasn't been resolved yet, but I am having the same problem. Just downloaded Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 build 10978 and am running it on Mac OS. If you create a new appointment, it does not show up in the calendar at all though it acknowledges that a new appointment has been created. This renders the calendar useless and unless I am missing it, there is no fix available?

wgsjr1942 is offline Member

I'm surprised that no fix has been announced. I am more surprised that Zimbra released this update with such a huge problem (no working calendar feature). I uninstalled V7.1.2 and went back to the previous version V7.1.1 and the Calendar feature is working again. (Glad I kept 7.1.1 on hand).

jeanmborden is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmims17 View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been resolved yet, but I am having the same problem. Just downloaded Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 build 10978 and am running it on Mac OS. If you create a new appointment, it does not show up in the calendar at all though it acknowledges that a new appointment has been created. This renders the calendar useless and unless I am missing it, there is no fix available?
    If you need a working calendar, then you must revert to version 7.1.1
    The download for 7.1.1 can be found here:
    Zimbra - Products: Zimbra Desktop Downloads

Before unistalling version 7.1.2 and installing version 7.1.1, be sure to export all of your accounts & contacts following these simple steps:

Preferences Tab
    Local Folders at bottom of account list
    Import/Export
    Then select to export your accounts (repeat the process for your contacts)
    Save the file

See screen shot of the above import/export function here: http://www.jeanscorneroftheweb.com/Z...portExport.jpg

nimgnay is offline Starter Member

That's absolutely a big joke in the open source world. Not even mentioning about the missing upgrade path from Zimbra 1 to Zimbra 2.

I think the Zimbra team has to do more in order to be the real "best" alternative to outlook.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nimgnay View Post
    That's absolutely a big joke in the open source world. Not even mentioning about the missing upgrade path from Zimbra 1 to Zimbra 2.
    You're mistaken, it's clearly stated that there's no upgrade path from ZD 1.x to ZD 2.x, did you actually read it?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jeanmborden is offline Junior Member

Default If you want a working calendar....

Regardless of whether you are looking to replace Outlookor not,if you want a working calendar in Zimbra Desktop, you'll need to use version 7.1.1 as the calendar feature does not work at all in 7.1.2

To install the older version with the working calendar, go to this URL:
    Zimbra - Products: Zimbra Desktop Downloads

However, before unistalling version 7.1.2 and installing version 7.1.1, be sure to export all of your accounts & contacts following these simple steps:

Preferences Tab
    Local Folders at bottom of account list
    Import/Export
    Then select to export your accounts (repeat the process for your contacts)
    Save the file

See screen shot of the above import/export function here: http://www.jeanscorneroftheweb.com/Z...portExport.jpg

nimgnay is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You're mistaken, it's clearly stated that there's no upgrade path from ZD 1.x to ZD 2.x, did you actually read it?
    Bill, a declaration of no upgrading path from 1 to 2 doesn't mean the users can happily accept it. I have been using 1 nearly 2 years, and now, I'm forced to upgrade to 2 because of the 64bit platform support. Without a upgrading path, it means I can't even open my emails in the past two years on the same PC. I have to keep a separated 32bit XP PC installed with 1, in order to read my old emails.

I simply feel that Zimbra has to be more considerate to users, i.e. the supporters. Otherwise, more users will be losing. I have no intention to offend anyone, but just my true feeling.

Merry Christmas!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Bill, a declaration of no upgrading path from 1 to 2 doesn't mean the users can happily accept it.
    A statement of 'no upgrade path' doesn't mean you can't migrate your data to a new version, it simply means that you can't install the new version over the old version and get the data migrated automatically - you can do that manually.

Without a upgrading path, it means I can't even open my emails in the past two years on the same PC. I have to keep a separated 32bit XP PC installed with 1, in order to read my old emails.
    If the email is in local folders then use the instructions in the wiki article, if it's in other folders then use one of the methods in these forums for migrating the mail to the new version, if it's still stored on the mail server then there should be no problems getting it downloaded again. It may be slightly 'fiddly' and time consuming but it's not impossible. If you have problems getting the mail into a new version of ZD then post your question/problems in these forums, that's what they're here for.

I simply feel that Zimbra has to be more considerate to users, i.e. the supporters. Otherwise, more users will be losing. I have no intention to offend anyone, but just my true feeling.
    There's no offence taken and you're quite entitled to express your views.

Merry Christmas!
    You too.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Phloyd is offline Active Member

Find it hard to believe that such a major flaw has not been fixed yet.

wgsjr1942 is offline Member

I Agree! I went back to V7.1.1 and Calendar works fine. The Calendar feature is very important to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information