Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unable to launch Zimbra Desktop

tbrcrl is offline Starter Member

Default Unable to launch Zimbra Desktop

After a correct installation, I am unable to launch Zimbra Desktop by double clicking the Zimbra Desktop icon on my desktop or on the Start panel (the icon is linked to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs").

I have seen in this forum that other users have the same problem but I have not found a clear indication how to solve this issue.

ZD 7.1.2 (the same happened with ZD 7.1.1)
    Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit

Thanks

Robert 12345 is offline Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as tbrcrl.

I have already installed zd 7.1.2 but when you launch the icon, nothing happens.

Win Xp pro

Kindly advise.

gabaker is offline Junior Member

Check your System Event Log. (My Computer, right-click, slect Manage, then Event Viewer, System)
    If you see SideBySide Errors, you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.

For 7.1.1, to be on the safe side I installed all of them (2005, 2008, 2008 Feature Pack, and 2010). Be sure to select x32 or x64 based on your OS (32bit or 64bit).

After all these are installed, reboot and retry ZD. It worked for me in 7.1.1 (I have yet to try 7.1.2)

Hi gabaker,

Thanks for your reply.

I did what u suggested however i did not see any side by side errors in the events viewer, but i still downloaded all the vc++ packages. Unfortunately it did not work.

ZD 7.1.2 and ZD 2.0 both do not launch after installation. I get an error like windows script host is not enabled.

ZD 1.0.4 is the only one working but here u cannot send mails as it says method context does not exist. Terrible.

generation is offline New Member

After a correct installation, I am unable to launch Zimbra Desktop by double clicking the Zimbra Desktop icon on my desktop or on the Start panel (the icon is linked to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs").

I have seen in this forum that other users have the same problem but I have not found a clear indication how to solve this issue.

SYSTEM WINDOW XP

Default We need our e-mail now!!!!

Default We need our e-mail now please !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by generation View Post
    after a correct installation, i am unable to launch zimbra desktop by double clicking the zimbra desktop icon on my desktop or on the start panel (the icon is linked to c:\windows\syswow64\cscript.exe "c:\program files (x86)\zimbra\zimbra desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs").

I have seen in this forum that other users have the same problem but i have not found a clear indication how to solve this issue.
    system windows xp

diane

HI Diane,

Affirmative on win xp.

I think there is no solution to this long ongoing problem.

I am uninstalling the software from my pc but i'll still thank the Zimbra team for what looked like an excellent initial product but which unfortunately has gone wrong.

carendall is offline Junior Member

Hello,

When you try to start Zimbra Desktop, does nothing happen (or at most a quick flash of a DOS box)? Zimbra Desktop seems to require Windows Script Host to run, and in my environment it's disabled by corporate policy (it can pose a security threat when used maliciously). You might want to check with your Administrator if you're in such an environment -- but if you aren't, or have administrative access on your PC and really don't care, try the following:

1) Navigate to x:\(windows folder)\inf

2) Locate WSH.inf, right click on it, and select "Install"

3) Attempt to start Zimbra Desktop again

If that solves the issue, super -- but if your corporate policy has WSH disabled, you'll have to do that every time you reboot your PC. There are ways to automate that via batch file on startup, so let me know if that worked and I can post the batch file I use.

Please note: I've only tested this method on Windows XP SP3, and am researching Windows 7 usage. Here are details on WSH via Microsoft: What Is WSH?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information