Thread: Zimbra Desktop sync error with ZCS proxy

solignis is offline Member

Default Zimbra Desktop sync error with ZCS proxy

Hi there, I am trying to Zimbra Desktop to work with my ZCS server which is running the zimbra proxy. I can connect the server using Zimbra Desktop. But after about 5 mins I get an error indicator (Red circle, white X) and when I click on the circle I get a window that has this message.

Code:
    Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Debug message: error while proxying request to target server: HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: error while proxying request to target server: HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out
    ExceptionId:offline-poller-ianc@solignis.com:1314453201726:8e119e88162b0a12
    Code:service.PROXY_ERROR Arg:(url, STR, "https://mail.solignis.com/service/soap/WaitSetRequest")
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.PROXY_ERROR(ServiceException.java:313)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:247)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:164)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:397)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:383)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:677)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:639)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:634)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:627)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:623)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.waitsetRequest(OfflinePoller.java:124)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.runPoll(OfflinePoller.java:74)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.run(OfflinePoller.java:66)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    But what is strange is if I wait maybe 5 mins it goes away, then another 5 mins it comes back. What the heck is going on?

I am running Zimbra Desktop 7.1.1 and running Zimbra ZCS 7.1.2 Open Source Edition.

jflanigan is offline Zimbra Employee

This looks similar to Bug 56686 - Zimbra accounts often show incorrect offline status, but the underlying stack trace may be slightly different.

Can you take a look at zdesktop.log and find the rest of that stack trace? There should be one or more 'caused by' after java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source).

My apologies for not replying sooner, I though my post was abandoned so I gave up looking for replies.

Wow that log file is huge, I looked at the most recent entries that are minutes old and I did not see any entry that you described. Going back a bit, since my zimbra server has been offline there were some more errors.

I have included a copy of the log file in my post, maybe you can make sense of it.

I am still running ZCS 7.1.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 amd64 and

ZDesktop 7.1.1 on Windows 7 x64

I will update if any new errors appear.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there sign of this issue being fixed or getting fixed? It has been some time since my last post.

As far as the error I mentioned above, it is still taking place.

Here is a copy of the full error trace from the zdesktop.log file. Maybe it will provide of clue to what is happening because I sure as heck don't know.

Code:
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,412 INFO  [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - >>>>>>>> name=ianc@solignis.com;version=7.1.2;build=10978;release=GA;os=Windows 7 x86 6.1;server=7.1.3
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,428 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - starting delta sync [token 30266]
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,428 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - ending delta sync [token 30266]
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,428 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - starting change push
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,428 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - ending change push
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,443 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - starting delta sync [token 30266]
    2011-11-08 17:45:44,443 DEBUG [sync-mbox-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - ending delta sync [token 30266]
    2011-11-08 17:46:49,433 ERROR [offline-poller-ianc@solignis.com] [] offline - sync failure: ianc@solignis.com
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: error while proxying request to target server: HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out
    ExceptionId:offline-poller-ianc@solignis.com:1320792409433:a258c4740b0d51d9
    Code:service.PROXY_ERROR Arg:(url, STR, "https://mail.solignis.com/service/soap/WaitSetRequest")
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.PROXY_ERROR(ServiceException.java:313)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:247)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:164)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:407)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:393)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:677)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:639)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:634)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:627)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.ZcsMailbox.sendRequest(ZcsMailbox.java:623)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.waitsetRequest(OfflinePoller.java:124)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.runPoll(OfflinePoller.java:74)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.run(OfflinePoller.java:66)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

CustomSoft B.V. is offline New Member

Default RE: Zimbra Desktop sync error with ZCS proxy

Hi,

Don't know if you already got a solution, but we experience the same issue (also ZD 7.1.2 with ZCS 7.1.2); running on Win7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit.
    Seems to be caused by some (proxy-related?!) time-out....

We don't have a final solution, but here's how you at least can get rid of the annoying 'red bulet with white X' errors within ZD: within each account-setup, DO NOT choose 'check for messages: as new mail arrives' (but for instance choose: check after each minute). Than the error-messages within ZD at least dissappear.

Hope however that VMware will solve this issue within the next update or so.
    Good luck, and also keep us posted if someone knows the real/final solution.

Thanx, T.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSoft B.V. View Post
    Hope however that VMware will solve this issue within the next update or so.
    Why don't you try the next 'update'? There's a beta of ZD 7.1.3 available on the beta downloads page. If you still have a problem then search bugzilla for an relevant reports and if there isn't one, file a bug report - nothing will get fixed unless there's a bug report filed.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Actually I have sort of given up on proxy for now. My domain is the only one that really get the most use out of the server so I just keep it with the primary SSL cert and just make everyone login using "user@domain.com" instead of using the virtual hosts and separate SSL for each domain. It stable and cheaper to get a single SSL for the main server rather than one for each domain which would have meant getting 3.

Thanks for the info anyway, I am always looking for something to tinker with. this could be my new project.

Thread Information