Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desktop installation fails

Papipio is offline Member

Default Desktop installation fails

Bonjour,

I installed Zimbra Desktop : I got nothing at all.
    I reinstalled Zimbra Desktop (new version), I was able to use it once just after installation. Even after reinstallation / repair, it is impossible to reopen with any shortcut or by opening any file.
    What must I do ?
    My OS is Windows XP.

Pierre

prashant is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi Papipio,

Could you please update the ZCS and ZDesktop version on your profile?

Please download latest ZD from Zimbra - Products: Zimbra Desktop Downloads and refer http://files.zimbra.com/website/docs...uide%207.1.pdf for ZD installation.
    ~=Prashant=~

Bonjour Prashant,

I thank you for answering.
    Sorry, after login I am unable to find a page where I can update the ZCS and ZDesktop versions in my profile. I am even unable to find this versions because I can't open anything !
    I installed ZDesktop (twice) with installation file zdesktop_7_1_1_ga_b10917_win32.msi (I checked the downloaded file with MD5 checksum).
    ZDesktop is installed in G:\Program Files (as many other applications, I have no more space available on C: disk)
    Shortcut on desktop is C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe "G:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs"

I use Zimbra for the webmail of my Internet connection supplier, I think it could be fine to use Zimbra as a mail client ...

Best regards

Pierre

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Papipio View Post
    I use Zimbra for the webmail of my Internet connection supplier, I think it could be fine to use Zimbra as a mail client ...
    If your ISP is free.fr then the version of Zimbra they use is 5.0.15, they're also my ISP and there's no problem connecting to their server with ZD. You should also find the ZD version from the systray icon, right-click on that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Bonjour Phoenix,

I have no problem when using Zimbra as the webmail of free.fr. I use it from time to time, particularly for creating mail filters to automatically erase spam coming from some particular domains.
    My problem is I want to install ZDesktop for evaluating it and perhaps for using it as mail client and agenda. I launched ZDesktop once just after installation (version 7-1-1 I guess from the name of the installation file), but it is now impossible to launch it again !!! Using the shortcuts installed give nothing at all !! --> I can't read any version, no icon or menu is displayed.

Pierre

Bonjour Phoenix,

I have no problem when using Zimbra as the webmail of free.fr. I use it from time to time, particularly for creating mail filters to automatically erase spam coming from some particular domains.

My problem is I want to install ZDesktop for evaluating it and perhaps for using it as mail client and agenda. I launched ZDesktop once just after installation (version 7-1-1 I guess from the name of the installation file), but it is now impossible to launch it again !!! Using the shortcuts installed give nothing at all !! --> I can't read any version, no icon or menu is displayed.
    What happens if you copy the desktop shortcut to a command prompt end execut it from there? Are there any errors? Is it possible that your firewall (or any anti-virus software) is blocking the startup of ZD? Can you disable your firewall and try to start ZD and does it work? Which firewall/anti-virus do you have installed?

I have no problems using ZD on a Windows XP SP3 machine, it loads and connects to my free.fr account. I'm not sure you can connect to a free.fr account as a Zimbra account, I believe it has to be an IMAP connection for it to work.
    Regards

Bill

If I paste the shortcut
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe "G:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs"
    in a DOS command prompt I get "Accès refusé", even when my firewall is closed.
    I use Comodo firewall and Avast Free antivirus.
    Since my previous message, a few minutes ago, I uninstalled ZDesktop and installed it again: again it was possible to launch ZDesktop just at the end of the installation procedure, to read emails received yesterday, to receive new emails from my 2 Free.fr email accounts, ... I closed it and now it is again impossible to open it, the ZDesktop button appears briefly in the taskbar ...

I have no problem using Free.fr webmail (Webmail Zimbra Free.fr).

Pierre

If I paste the shortcut
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe "G:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs"
    in a DOS command prompt I get "Accès refusé", even when my firewall is closed.
    I use Comodo firewall and Avast Free antivirus.
    I also use Comodo firewall and a/v. Do you not use the Comodo anti-virus? I think the Avast one is too intrusive and can cause problems with products like Zimbra.

Since my previous message, a few minutes ago, I uninstalled ZDesktop and installed it again: again it was possible to launch ZDesktop just at the end of the installation procedure, to read emails received yesterday, to receive new emails from my 2 Free.fr email accounts, ... I closed it and now it is again impossible to open it, the ZDesktop button appears briefly in the taskbar ...
    Are you actually installing ZD as the user or as the Administrator?
    Regards

Bill

I just installed ZDesktop in my netbook (Windows 7): everything is OK with Avast, I can close and reopen ZDesktop, receive emails from my 2 Free accounts, ...
    I don't use the Comodo antivirus, is it free ?
    In my desk PC where ZDesktop do not run, I am the only user / administrator defined in Windows.

Pierre

I don't use the Comodo antivirus, is it free ?
    Yes, it's part of the Internet Security Premium package and is a free download (and free to use) on the Comodo web site.

In my desk PC where ZDesktop do not run, I am the only user / administrator defined in Windows.
    It's been a while since I've used Windows in anger so I'm not really sure why you're having an access denied problem. I can have a look tomorrow to see if I can work out what's going wrong.
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information