Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo contacts fail to sync.

gaz
    gaz is offline New Member

Can I make a suggestion here? That when you try to sync contacts Zimbra actually tells you if you have not put a verification code in. Since its quite easy for Zimbra to know this hasn't been done - why not warn the user so they know what to do to fix it? Many thanks again - sorry, but it wasn't entirely obvious to me that it needed doing.

Ludo is offline Junior Member

Default proxy???

hi,

thanks for your reply. I have tried with a couple of https proxy under IE (I'm normally under FF) and it's not better. In IE, it just redirect to about:blank and the link is to Zimbra Desktop.

Would you have some proxy to advise?

strangely, I never experienced time out for any of my web activity (ssh, ftp,http...)

thanks in advance
    Ludo

dywang is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Can I make a suggestion here? That when you try to sync contacts Zimbra actually tells you if you have not put a verification code in. Since its quite easy for Zimbra to know this hasn't been done - why not warn the user so they know what to do to fix it? Many thanks again - sorry, but it wasn't entirely obvious to me that it needed doing.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We are gonna make error msg more user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    hi,

thanks for your reply. I have tried with a couple of https proxy under IE (I'm normally under FF) and it's not better. In IE, it just redirect to about:blank and the link is to Zimbra Desktop.

Would you have some proxy to advise?

strangely, I never experienced time out for any of my web activity (ssh, ftp,http...)

thanks in advance
    Ludo
    Can you add gmail account or yahoo account without contact sync enabled ? sorry I won't find more from your log otherwise I would ask for it. You may need to wait for our next public available version to try.

hi,

thanks for replying. I can synchronize without problem. It's just the link "click to verify" that does not send me to the Yahoo authentication.

Ludo

Default no synch for yahoo contact

Hy Dywang,

any ideas rather than waiting for next release.

Which link should I use for accessing Yahoo synchronization API (maybe I can just do that manually, get the code and then fill in the appropriate field in Zimbra)?

Thanks in advance
    Ludo
    PS: really missing Zimbra for the last 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Hy Dywang,

any ideas rather than waiting for next release.

Which link should I use for accessing Yahoo synchronization API (maybe I can just do that manually, get the code and then fill in the appropriate field in Zimbra)?

Thanks in advance
    Ludo
    PS: really missing Zimbra for the last 2 months
    The link that used by you to authorize ZD to sync with yahoo address book should be generated (somehow it failed in your case, If you hover your mouse at the link, does it look like "127.0.0.1/xxx" ?) and ZD needs the verify code you get back from yahoo by using this specific link. As the log with that beta version couldn't tell much, so I'm afraid you have to wait for the next release. should be pretty soon. sorry about that.

Hi,

yes I get a local link: http://127.0.0.1:2815/desktop/accsetup.jsp?at=[9digits]-[4digits]-[4digits]-[4digits]-[12digits]

I guess I should get a link pointing to yahoo auth API?

Thanks again for your help

Warm regards
    Ludo

You are right, there should be a link pointing to yahoo. I only got this problem on windows where I need to explicitly set company proxy to access yahoo. So based on that, I would guess there is some environmental issue on your network setting. Are you able to setup gmail, msn (pop) or yahoo account without contact sync enabled ?

hi Doug,

that's what confuse me: I have no problem setting up email and synchronizing IMAP. The only thing not work is the address book verify link.

I'm currently in Laos, so do you think that has something to do with it? I doubt it as I can do all the rest so it does not seem to be a network issue???

Thanks for your help
    Ludo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information