Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Add Attendees In Calendar

johnftr is offline Junior Member

Default .. and the solution to our common problem is?

Thanks for putting me right about the 'hidden' comment. I understand the difference between a Beta release and a GA release. I was giving you an 'out' as the 7.0.1 release is pretty new still and will probably have a number of other bugs that also need sorting.
    I was being a tad metaphorical about the word hidden - but we really do need a solution as to why we cannot add attendees under the 7.0.1 build on Windows 7.
    I am not on a corprate network - but am on a homegroup lan with 6 machines of different types ranging from Windows XP pro to Windows 7 to Linux.

clarebear is offline Junior Member

--- Comment #1 from Jeff Flanigan <jflanigan@zimbra.com> 2011-06-10 08:47:26 ---
    For POP and IMAP there is not currently full calendar support. The 'local
    folders' calendar can be used to store appointments, but attendees cannot be
    added. Only ZCS, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts offer full calendar support.

Default I have GMAIL and Hotmail accounts set up

I'm not sure how to create a seperate calendar for each of the mail accounts in my desktop.
    I have used the create a new calendar option but don't see the new folder in my folder list anywhere. If I try and add yet another calendar with the same name I am told that it already exists - and still can't locate it let alone populate it.
    I'm also not sure how to associate a specific calendar with a specific account.
    So I am left with the use of the default calendar which does not allow the attendee option.

clarebear is offline Junior Member

@johnftr
    i reported the calendar issue as an error/bug - and got the message i posted yesterday from zimbra
    https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60771
    maybe you could email jeff flanigan for help?

so zimbra isn't really an alternative to outlook for pop and imap...

i downloaded thunderbird and lightening! no problems so far except an issue with avast which i had to switch off while setting up

Default Synchronize calendars may fix this

Looking at other websites (eg Frequently Asked Questions - Zimbra) I got the impression that it was the right thing to do to synch across all calendars.
    I went back to the Account setup and checked the 'Synchronize all Calendars' and hey presto my calendar Attendees invite now works.
    I can also now suddenly see the extra calendar I created - and it contains the contents of the default calendar.
    It seems to be a visibility issue associated with calendar synchronisation. If you don't sync on at least one account you may not see anything but the default calendar, and you may not be able to invite attendees to that default calendar. I have a gmail and hotmail accounts setup.
    Last edited by johnftr; 06-14-2011 at 01:49 AM.

pete irvine is offline Active Member

Shut down the interface (and the little icon in taskbar) then restart zimbra desktop - the calendar will start working - until it stops again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information