Thread: Problem showing messages in folders with ZD/gmail

scblack is offline Starter Member

Default Problem showing messages in folders with ZD/gmail

I'm using Zimbra Desktop 7 to sync with a gmail account. In ZD when I click on a folder, the search box contains the correct text "in:"Folder Name", but the contents of the folder does not show. What does show, no matter the folder that is clicked on, is what appears to be the equivalent of the "All Mail" label in gmail. When I select a folder that has four messages in it, the text above the message list is "100 of 4 messages".

I've had success using Zimbra with other gmail accounts. What differentiates this gmail account from the others is that this contains about 400 labels.

I've tried to sync with this gmail account on a different computer running Zimbra and got the same result. I connected to the gmail account using another IMAP client, and it correctly showed the proper messages in each folder.

Has anyone else seen this symptom? I'm trying to decide whether to file a bug report or if there is a setting somewhere that I am missing.

Thanks for your help.

snute2008 is offline Active Member

There seems to be a number of bugs relating to using Zimbra Desktop with GMail accounts.

I discovered that whilst I was deleting mail in my inbox it was remaining under the "All Mail" tab and all this time I though I had about 100 messages in my gmail account when in reality I had over 17000 when I used the gmail web application.

xguru is offline Starter Member

I have the same problem. I have numerous labels created in Gmail and these show up as folders in ZD. But no matter which folder I select it shows all emails in my Gmail account. Any fix yet?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by xguru View Post
    Any fix yet?
    Nothing will get fixed without a bug report or RFE. Have you looked in bugzilla (link at the top of this page) for any outstanding bugs on ZD that cover this topic? If there's no RFE or bug report then file one.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

xguru is offline Starter Member

Ok, I have filed a bugzilla report (Bug 67578) for this issue. Hope they provide a resolution soon.

Thread Information