Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMail - All Mail Folder

snute2008 is offline Active Member

Default GMail - All Mail Folder

Hi - I have been using Zimbra Desktop to manage a number of GMail and Yahoo email accounts for sometime now.

I have been using the new version 2 since it was release however today I have noticed a problem.

In my gmail accounts I have been reading and deleting email and empyting the trash as normal. However, I had cause to log into gmail through the web today and notice that rather than having about 20 emails in my account I have over 17,000. Basically none of the emails I have been deleting over the years have ever actually been deleted but show up under the "All Mail" folder within GMail.

I have therefore decided to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird.

I would however at somepoint in the future like to return to Zimbra.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks very much.

I cannot get on with Thunderbird and miss my calendar etc.

I am going to go back to 1.0.4 - do you think that will be ok? I know that I will have to resync my accounts.

Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by snute2008 View Post
    I am going to go back to 1.0.4 - do you think that will be ok?
    You do realise that there will be no further updates or bug fixes to that branch of ZD, don't you? Why don't you try the most recent ZD 7 beta 2 (it's on the downloads page)?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

OK Bill, are you saying that it might fix the problems with the "All Mail" folder in Gmail? I will give it a try.

OK, I have installed the version 7 beta 2 as you suggest.

I have an issue with a standard IMAP account (for my work place).

I am able to receive email on this account through Zimbra but when sending the emails just sit in the outbox. I went to setup to see if the configuration was correct and when I click on update I receive the following error message:

---------------------------------------------
    service.FAILURE: system failure: SMTP connect failure
    Display error details
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: system failure: SMTP connect failure ExceptionId:com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceExcep tion: system failure: SMTP connect failure ExceptionId:btpool0-6:1303893833281:784c936c6416f0e7 Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. testDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:661) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. modifyDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:2259) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. modifyDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:2194) at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyDataSource.handl e(ModifyDataSource.java:82) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:215) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:208) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: HELO failed: 220 All transactions and IP addresses are logged at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.SmtpConnection.helo( SmtpConnection.java:259) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.SmtpConnection.proce ssGreeting(SmtpConnection.java:208) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailConnection.connect(Ma ilConnection.java:77) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.SmtpTransport.protoc olConnect(SmtpTransport.java:183) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:313) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:172) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:121) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. test(OfflineProvisioning.java:675) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. testDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:646) ... 30 more Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(So ap12Protocol.java:88) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyEl ement(SoapTransport.java:344) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResp onse(SoapTransport.java:303) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:260) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:164) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:397) at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:360) at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke (SoapProvisioning.java:321) at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.modify DataSource(SoapProvisioning.java:1790) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.jsp.JspProvStub.modifyOfflin eDataSource(JspProvStub.java:148) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.jsp.XmailBean.doRequest(Xmai lBean.java:274) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.jsp.FormBean.doRequest(FormB ean.java:150) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.sun.el.parser.AstFunction.getValue(AstFunction .java:127) at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpre ssionImpl.java:206) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.evaluate Expression(PageContextImpl.java:1001) at org.apache.jsp.desktop.accsetup_jsp._jspx_meth_c_w hen_1(Unknown Source) at org.apache.jsp.desktop.accsetup_jsp._jspx_meth_c_c hoose_0(Unknown Source) at org.apache.jsp.desktop.accsetup_jsp._jspService(Un known Source) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:109) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:389) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:486) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:380) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at com.zimbra.webClient.servlet.JspServlet.service(Js pServlet.java:64) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:79) at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFil ter(SetHeaderFilter.java:239) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

OK, I have installed the version 7 beta 2 as you suggest.

I have an issue with a standard IMAP account (for my work place).

I am able to receive email on this account through Zimbra but when sending the emails just sit in the outbox. I went to setup to see if the configuration was correct and when I click on update I receive the following error message:

---------------------------------------------
    service.FAILURE: system failure: SMTP connect failure
    That would imply there's a problem connecting to port 25 on the server. Can you telnet to that port from your PC and get a connection? Is this a Zimbra server or something else? Might you have a firewall or A/V problem on your PC? Can you use any other submission port for the server (and have you tried it)?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Pheonix, there is no problem with port 25. I can access using Thunderbird without any issues. It is a mail server but not Zimbra. Did not have the problem with ZD version 2.1

OK Bill, are you saying that it might fix the problems with the "All Mail" folder in Gmail? I will give it a try.
    #
    Hi, just to let you know that the problems with GMail and the All Mail folder still exist within Version 7 the same as Version 2.

What I do not understand is that if it worked fine in 1.0.4 why would it break in the next versions.

I will just have to go back to 1.0.4 for the time being until there is a fully working updated version available.

Am I the only one with GMail accounts in Zimbra Desktop or just the only one that it does not work for?

I do not seem to be getting anywhere with my GMail problem.

Can someone please test this for me please to make sure that it is a geniune problem.

Simon

Rajiv63 is offline Starter Member

I installed Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 (build 10978) today and added my gmail account, which synced fine except for the All Mails Folder, as it just does not show. Since I needed to download all mails for records, being close to my mail quota limit, I have taken an alternate route by transferring all the mails in my All Mail folder to my Inbox in the web version of gmail, and then I am able to download the mails. Although this does not solve the problem of All Mails folder not being visible, at least it is a solution to downloading all the mails to the Zimbra Desktop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information