Thread: ZD 7 beta 2 won't send and receive ocassionally

anzola is offline Member

Default ZD 7 beta 2 won't send and receive ocassionally

Even though my settings are to check every 15 minutes the program sometimes will stop sending and receiving (any sync at all). If I click manually S&R it won't do it either. If I restart the program or click "setup" and then "launch desktop" it will start working again for awhile.

Please advise.

bellestarr is offline Active Member

I have the same problem. In the afternoon it won't send from desktop and I find this VERY annoying. I need to stop signing up for beta versions. Seems like when FF or any of the programs that I like is upgraded there is always something that doesn't work right.

Default having same problem of not sending or receiving

It's happening again. I have the latest version direct from the zimbra download page. It was working fine, now the reply is still sitting in the outbox after one hour. I click send and receive repeatedly and nothing happens. The whole app seems to just die or freeze and there is no rhyme or reason that I can find. VERY ANNOYING as now I have to go to the web base of the email (gmail or yahoo) and do it over again.
    Please FIX THISl.

tryingtolikezmbra is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    It's happening again. I have the latest version direct from the zimbra download page. It was working fine, now the reply is still sitting in the outbox after one hour. I click send and receive repeatedly and nothing happens. The whole app seems to just die or freeze and there is no rhyme or reason that I can find. VERY ANNOYING as now I have to go to the web base of the email (gmail or yahoo) and do it over again.
    Please FIX THISl.
    Yeh I have this problem, its a definite bug but noone seems to care - it makes the product virtually unusable

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtolikezmbra View Post
    Yeh I have this problem, its a definite bug but noone seems to care - it makes the product virtually unusable
    What is the bug number that you filed in bugzilla? While you may get some attention here for bugs, these forums are Community Supported and people post here when they have the time. The correct place to file a report is in bugzilla, feel free to file a report with full details of the installed version and exact steps on how to reproduce the problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default bugzilla reporting

I have posted this in bugzilla and went through a week or more of frustrating and very irritating email exchanges with someone who did not read the question well, think it through, and reply with anything that made sense or was applicable to the situation.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    I have posted this in bugzilla ......
    Then I'll ask you the same question, what is the bug number?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

After being told to provide the log and telling him repeatedly that thee is no log in the place he told me to look I got an email stating the bug was declared solved. I have no idea what the number was. I deleted zimbra from my home computer due to this freezing up happening over and over, no sends, no receives, have to quit and reboot and sometimes it still doesn't work after that. It happens on both home and work computers so it is not the equipment, it has to be something in zimbra desktop.

Thread Information