Thread: Help with new Overview Pane for 2.0.1

nickichino is offline Starter Member

Default Help with new Overview Pane for 2.0.1

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section to post this thread. I have done a search already for my problem but there was 0 result.

I would like your help with setting up the view of my overview pane so that it is like what it use to be prior to the 2.0.1 update.

Please allow me to explain.

I was using the older version of Zimbra Desktop 1.0.4 and have 4 different email accounts set up. In the Overview Pane each account is a "tab" that is always on top and when I click on it will display the details such as Inbox, Sent, Folders, etc while the other email accounts will return back to the "tab" form above or below the current email account depending on it's order.

However, with the new version 2.0.1, this "tab" feature for accessing each of the email account has gone and instead is a scroll bar for me to scroll all the way down to see each email account. This is very inconvenient as I cannot glance to the overview pane and see if I have a new email in some of the accounts and when I want to access a different email account I will have to scroll all the way down through lots of folders.

I hope you understand my question and problem. If you need me to post screenshot to help clarify what I'm asking please ask.

Thanks and truly hope that someone can help me.
    Nick

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nickichino View Post
    Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section to post this thread. I have done a search already for my problem but there was 0 result.

I would like your help with setting up the view of my overview pane so that it is like what it use to be prior to the 2.0.1 update.

Please allow me to explain.

I was using the older version of Zimbra Desktop 1.0.4 and have 4 different email accounts set up. In the Overview Pane each account is a "tab" that is always on top and when I click on it will display the details such as Inbox, Sent, Folders, etc while the other email accounts will return back to the "tab" form above or below the current email account depending on it's order.

However, with the new version 2.0.1, this "tab" feature for accessing each of the email account has gone and instead is a scroll bar for me to scroll all the way down to see each email account. This is very inconvenient as I cannot glance to the overview pane and see if I have a new email in some of the accounts and when I want to access a different email account I will have to scroll all the way down through lots of folders.

I hope you understand my question and problem. If you need me to post screenshot to help clarify what I'm asking please ask.

Thanks and truly hope that someone can help me.
    Nick
    You should try the new ZD 7 beta, no updates will be made to ZD 2.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

nickichino is offline Starter Member

Thanks for the reply.

So there is no way to configure the ZD 2.0.1 to display each individual email account on top in the overview pane like the older ZD versions? And you are recommending ZD 7 beta because it can display individual email account as "tab" in the overview pane?

Thanks

Thread Information