Thread: No Preferences Tabs in latest desktop version

bellestarr is offline Active Member

Default No Preferences Tabs in latest desktop version

I can never find my way around this forum so I hope someone sees this, I have to leave to get towork.

Downloaded the newest version of desktop yesterday, can't find the version number anywhere. It may be the beta. Now there are no choices under the Preferences tab..no Accounts, Signature, nowhere to click to display images in incoming emails, none of the usual tabs. How can I turn on "display images" without checking in the viewing pane every single time? How can I make a signature? Where did all those options go? I've looked under every rock I can think of.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    I can never find my way around this forum so I hope someone sees this, I have to leave to get towork.

Downloaded the newest version of desktop yesterday, can't find the version number anywhere. It may be the beta. Now there are no choices under the Preferences tab..no Accounts, Signature, nowhere to click to display images in incoming emails, none of the usual tabs. How can I turn on "display images" without checking in the viewing pane every single time? How can I make a signature? Where did all those options go? I've looked under every rock I can think of.
    The Preferences tab is definitely there on the current ZD 2.x & the ZD 7 beta, on the beta it's a row of tabs at the top of the windows.

You can find the version by (on the Linux version) clicking on the 'gear wheel' in the bottom right of the ZD UI then 'About...'. For the Windows version it's the systray icon.

I'll also move this to the Zimbra Desktop forum rather than the Zimbra Collaboration Suite forum where you originally posted.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default screenshot showing NO PREFERENCES

First, where is the tab to click to post a new thread? I can't find the reply from this forum so luckily found my original question. I see NO TAB that says "post a new thread or post a new message".

To whoever replied to my inquiry and insisted that all the tabs for Account, Signature, etc. were under Preferences...here is a screenshot THERE ARE NO TABS and I can't select "display images", can't make a signature..etc. I specifically explained that the tabs were missing so do not tell me they are there.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Default Your screenshot shows all the Preferences

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    First, where is the tab to click to post a new thread? I can't find the reply from this forum so luckily found my original question. I see NO TAB that says "post a new thread or post a new message".

To whoever replied to my inquiry and insisted that all the tabs for Account, Signature, etc. were under Preferences...here is a screenshot THERE ARE NO TABS and I can't select "display images", can't make a signature..etc. I specifically explained that the tabs were missing so do not tell me they are there.
    Look in the left panel under Accounts and you can see a list of the available accounts, you will also see the word Signatures - go to that page and enter a signature. Look closely at the left panel and you'll see al the options you need.

BTW, the button for a 'New Thread' is in the same place it's always been i.e. at the top and bottom of each forum.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default preference TABS

The response to my first posting was incomplete as he referred to the Preference tab and mentioned a row across the page which indicated to me that he was referring to the sub-tabs that I could not find. Hence I posted the screenshot. The correct answer would be that the entire configuration was changed and now the options are a LIST on the left. There was no instruction that I saw accompanying the beta download and no mention of this change in the answer. Consequently, this has wasted your time and mine and irritated the heck out of me. and BTW I do not see any button for New Thread on this page and will look really hard AGAIN for it on other pages. You may be hearing from me again if I don't find them.

Thread Information