Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop not actually sending

OhmLawyer is offline Starter Member

Default [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop not actually sending

Hi all,

So, I'm using ZD 2.0 for linux to link up to my mail server. I'm connecting with IMAP for inbound and SMTP for outbound. My inbound is working beautifully. My outbound on the other hand is sending, and going into my sent folder, I'm not getting any error messages. However when I check the destination email account, it never gets there. I'm pretty sure it's not my email server because I can telnet into port 25 and send an email via command line no prob.

Any one have any idea on how to check what's happening?

FYI, previously I was getting the following errors, but they have since been "resolved":

1.) Delivery Failed: Invalid Addresses
    2.) Append message failed
    3.) Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to error: Inconsistent UIDNEXT value from server (got 1 but last fetched uid 12)

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ohm's Lawyer View Post
    However when I check the destination email account, it never gets there.
    Where is the 'destination folder', is it on the same server or somewhere else? Are you actually saying you can't send email anywhere or just to a specific account?

I'm pretty sure it's not my email server because I can telnet into port 25 and send an email via command line no prob.
    Being able to telnet into the server just confirms that it's listening on the specific port.

Any one have any idea on how to check what's happening?
    Without any information from the server log files it's impossible to give you any answer about why it's not being received or what's happened to it. If the mail can't be delivered then you should receive a 'bounce' message but that could take up-to five days for you to receive it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

OhmLawyer is offline Starter Member

Where is the 'destination folder', is it on the same server or somewhere else? Are you actually saying you can't send email anywhere or just to a specific account?
    The destination, for now, is a gmail account. I can send mail internally (to anyone on my server) with Zimbra, I just can't get out to the rest of the world.

Being able to telnet into the server just confirms that it's listening on the specific port.
    Not only is it listening, but using command line (i.e. AUTH LOGIN, EHLO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, DATA, etc.) I can actually successfully send mail out from my server to any email account I want, on or off my server.

Without any information from the server log files it's impossible to give you any answer about why it's not being received or what's happened to it. If the mail can't be delivered then you should receive a 'bounce' message but that could take up-to five days for you to receive it.
    I've not gotten any 'bounce' messages yet, and it's been about four and a half days. Looking at my SMTP logs, it doesn't look like there's been any attempt at communication with it. It is completely empty except for the couple of emails I send via command line, but the log is as follows. (accounts and domains edited for privacy)

Code:
    INFO  17:22:44,616 | james.smtpserver | Successfully spooled mail Mail129574084####-## from myaccount@mydomain.com on ##.##.#.# for [testaccount@gmail.com]
    There are about 3 repetitions of the above, all were sent via command line, not zimbra.

France is offline Starter Member

Default I can't send outgoing email from Zimbra Desktop

And all of my server settings are correct as I've been on support with them and they've tested through Outlook.

I am not getting any error messages or bounce backs. I just am told that the email I sent out was never received, so then I started testing and sending to my gmail account and still I am not receiving emails.

Why is this happening?

Not having any problems with incoming email.

GerryMc is offline New Member

I am having a very similar problem.

My Zimbra Desktop synchs with three e mail addresses at gmail, gmx and my own domain name for business purposes.

In the past week I have had an issue with e mails sent from my business domain not being received by the recipients. Mails with and without attachments are affected. On one occasion I sent the same mail 3 times but it was not received but on the fourth occasion I switched to the GMX account and it was delivered. I have also logged on to my ISP's webmail program and successfully sent from that account. All are using the same outgoing mail server

As far as Zimbra is concerned the mail has been sent and it is filed in the sent folder. There is no bounce or error message. So far I have had multiple e mail addresses at two different domains with the problem. The problem with the second domain only began today.

It is only by talking with the recipients that the problem is found. In the first case the recipient's IT provider looked at their servers and could see no problem, suggesting it was at my end.

My AV package is AVAST but it thinks everything is ok and hasn't stopped anything getting out.
    I noticed that this thread is marked [SOLVED]. If so what was the fix as it sounds like I have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

thanks
    Gerry

Thread Information