Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Outlook 2010, or 2000 pst import into Zimbra desktop (client only no server)

AH23 is offline Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Outlook 2010, or 2000 pst import into Zimbra desktop (client only no server)

Hey guys and gals,
    I am at my whits end to try and find a real solution to this extremely well known, unsolved problem, How do I take a .pst from outlook and import it directly into local folders on Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 I am sorry this has to be asked so many times but it has never been answered and is a pain in the butt!
    Right now the best answer I have found has not even been using zimbra, It has caused me so many problems I think that Thunderbird is going to be my next "solution" because unlike Zimbra.... it is compatible with... almost everything. The only reason I'm holding on is because Zimbra's functions are 10x better.

Enough of ranting, the only possiable fix I have found is to import into Thunderbird, use an extention called "smartsave", to get an .eml out of Thunderbird, put that in a tgz archive, then import into Zimbra.... that's a heck of a lot of steps to get this to work, if Thunderbird can do it... can Zimbra release something to automate the process?..................

And my client want's to use it on a home computer as an independent mail client because his work machines use ZCS and he want's to be able to send calendar appointments to his house to add to his personal calender...

If anyone has a better idea.... or even an idea how to do this better/faster/more reliable Please feel free to post "the" answer

odeleon is offline Advanced Member

I don't know is the PST Import Wizard is compatible with Outlook 2010. I know it's NOT (directly) compatible with Outlook 2000.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite Import Wizard for Outlook

Note: The ZCS Import Wizard can import .pst files from Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP, provided that the ZCS Import Wizard is run on a machine with either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 installed.

AH23 is offline Member

Talking Found The Answer!!!!!! Finally!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by odeleon View Post
    I don't know is the PST Import Wizard is compatible with Outlook 2010. I know it's NOT (directly) compatible with Outlook 2000.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite Import Wizard for Outlook

Note: The ZCS Import Wizard can import .pst files from Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP, provided that the ZCS Import Wizard is run on a machine with either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 installed.
    As stated in the title I'm trying to use the client only, I dont have a ZCS server.
    I FINALLY after much hairpulling and groaning found THE solution to convert all mail/contacts/calender from Outlook (any version) to Zimbra Desktop there is not enough smileys in the world to make up for my utter joy at finding something that actually works, with little to nothing to go on! I will post the "how to" soon, Any idea where I should put it? Installation? or just in this post? it'll probably get stickied, I scowered the web for 4 days strait and found no answers period!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AH23 View Post
    I will post the "how to" soon, Any idea where I should put it? Installation? or just in this post?
    You can put a page in the wiki if you like, you need a separate account for that but it's editable by everyone. When you've done that you can post a link in the forum (this thread) as well.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Scunizi is offline Junior Member

Please, Please post your how to.....

AH23 is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scunizi View Post
    Please, Please post your how to.....
    Haha the list is wayyy to long, I attached it it's 8 pages in word

I'll post a youtube clip as well detailing them if you don't want to read the whole thing, I'm working on recording that now.

Please donate here to support my effort https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Thanks Everybody!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

AH23 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You can put a page in the wiki if you like, you need a separate account for that but it's editable by everyone. When you've done that you can post a link in the forum (this thread) as well.
    Thanks Bill, I'll post it there now as well!

... I'm looking on the wiki but I don't see the applicable page? would you kindly shoot me a link?
    Last edited by AH23; 01-14-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Couldn't find where to put it.

abcd123 is offline Starter Member

Hey,

Thanks for the guide you posted. I'm trying to import Outlook to Zimbra and don't have a server. I tried your steps in the word doc you attached and I followed everything and it imported e-mails into zimbra but, it doesn't keep the sub-folders. Under my main inbox in outlook i have subfolders but, those didn't get imported and instead it put all the e-mails into the zimbra inbox.

can you tell me how i can import the e-mails so that it imports the subfolders as well and imports the e-mails into those folders?

also you wouldn't happen to know how to import tasks from outlook to zimbra?

i wouldn't mind paying you a donation to get this to work!

thanks

AH23 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by abcd123 View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the guide you posted. I'm trying to import Outlook to Zimbra and don't have a server. I tried your steps in the word doc you attached and I followed everything and it imported e-mails into zimbra but, it doesn't keep the sub-folders. Under my main inbox in outlook i have subfolders but, those didn't get imported and instead it put all the e-mails into the zimbra inbox.

can you tell me how i can import the e-mails so that it imports the subfolders as well and imports the e-mails into those folders?

also you wouldn't happen to know how to import tasks from outlook to zimbra?

i wouldn't mind paying you a donation to get this to work!

thanks
    I'll take a look and see what I can do, for the subfolders, I think they worked when I did it but I can't be sure, it exports all the emails in their own file rather than the large .PST, there have been some major updates to Zimbra Desktop since I posted this so I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.
    (I rarely every check my Windows Live mail these get sent to I'll pm you my primary)

robertsala is offline Starter Member

Default Outlook pst files to Zimbra Desktop

If I can import my Outlook emails and contacts, I'll happily donate. Wish me luck! I'll post later on my experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information