Hi - after much head scratching... and a fair degree of swearing(!) I have successfully uploaded a data file from Outlook into Zimbra.
Its surprisingly straight forward when you know how(!). Here is how I did it:
1. Mail - Make a copy of the PST you would like to import.
Set up an IMAP connection to your Zimbra account in Outlook
Import the copied PST to the IMAP account
2. Calendars - open the calendar you would like to import into Zimbra using Outlook. With the calendar open, go to file/save as, ensure .ics is selected as the file type, click 'More Options' and ensure that the date range is set to 'Whole Calendar', detail is set to 'Full Details' and that the two boxes under 'Advanced' are checked.
Open your Zimbra web client. Go to 'Preferences' and 'Import/Export'. Import your .ics file
3. Contacts - open the contacts folder you would like to import into Zimbra using Outlook.
Open the 'File' menu and choose 'Import/Export', choose to export the file as 'Comma Seperated Values (Windows)'
Open your Zimbra web client. Go to 'Preferences' and 'Import/Export'. Import your .csv file
Hope this helps!
For those of us who aren't "techno geeks", please explain how to set up an IMAP connection. Thanks!
Originally Posted by jilliom
i registered just to say thanks for the guide :D
Originally Posted by AH23
couple questions, did you ever make that youtube clip?
and was the emails staying in their designated folders issue resolved?
my friend this is traduction to spanish :)
I cant find the import/export button on my Zimbra Desktop :confused:
Just Found it xD, now importing ;)
Is there still
no easier wy to import from *.pst file?
I do not really understand how to do it with the Imap account.
I really want to change to Zimbra as I slowly want to get rid of most of the Microsoft software but it is not easy.
Could somebody help me. My pst file is 3.5GB so there is a lot to import.
There is no direct import feature for a pst to ZD.
Originally Posted by werner69
It's fairly straightforward, if you don't have an IMAP account already (do you currently have an IMAP account or connect t with Outlook to a server that has your email?) just create one at a free service (gmail?) and connect your Outlook to that and upload the email to that account. When that's done, connect your ZD to that account and download the email to your local PC. Make sure you take a backup of your pst file before you do anything with it.
Originally Posted by werner69
Originally Posted by phoenix
That sounds easy. Actually I have 5 pop3 accounts (my own Domains) and always download the emails from the server and delete them from there.
So I have them only on my *.pst file.
I want to use Zimbra to get rid of Gmail, outlook,.. and all this NSA easy to read things. Also I have nothing to hide we Europeans start thinking of how to keep our privacy. I know it won´t work but at least it is a first step........
I even think of setting up my own server and register my domains to this IP. Maybe its not easy but sounds interesting :-)
I have a Computer with a fixed IP in Slovakia so this would work.
But this is future... Now first I have to get this thing done somehow.
I have tested this method to solve this issue and it seems easy method.
1. I have backup the pst file.
2. then i removed the account from outlook. if you have only
3. added the account freshly in outlook using imap protocol
4. then imported the backup pst file.
5. It synced from computer (outlook) to Zimbra server.
it worked for me.
if i am wrong please correct me.