Thread: Duplicate messages downloaded

securespark is offline New Member

Default Duplicate messages downloaded

Hi. Apologies for tacking this on to an old reply, but I thought that might be better than starting a new thread.

I love Zimbra, but I'm having a problem at the minute with it.

My problem is like ehults, I am getting 100's of copies of the same e-mail. I initially thought it was a server issue, so have contacted the ISP's involved. They assure me all is well at their end. They suggested downloading another e-mail client to see if it too did the same. I have done that, and the alternative client is not duplicating e-mails.

So, it would appear that Zimbra is duplicating e-mails when downloading them off the server.

Phoenix, I have noted your comments and I have looked at the methods of obtaining version/ release information, but cannot understand what to do. Can you explain the simplest way of finding this out please?

As for your comments on source, AFAICT, all the duplicated e-mails are from the same source.

Thank you very much in anticipation of your help.

If you feel this post would be better elsewhere, please move it. Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by securespark View Post
    Hi. Apologies for tacking this on to an old reply, but I thought that might be better than starting a new thread.
    The problems is you've added your post to a thread that's about Zimbra Collaboration Suite and (I guess) you're talking about Zimbra Desktop? If you confirm which product I'll move it to the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by securespark View Post
    I love Zimbra, but I'm having a problem at the minute with it.
    So, which product do you have installed and which version & release is it and which operating system. How long has this been happening? Is it stalling on one particular message? How long has it been happening? Which server are you connecting to, an IMAP, a Zimbra server, a POP3 server, which provider?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry, thanks, Bill...

Yes, I am talking about Zimbra Desktop.

Not sure which version. I've tried to find out, but am obviously doing something wrong.

My OS is Win 7 Home Premium.

This has only been happening for the last couple of months. Originally, it worked fine.

Not stalling on one particular message, it seems to be duplicating them all.

Using POP3, my ISP is O2.

I have just looked at my accounts, and next to the one that has issues it says:

"FAILURE COMMUNICATING WITH REMOTE SERVER. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER".

Hope this information helps?

Have just investigated this failure:

Debug message: invalid eol character.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

pitigrou is offline Starter Member

Default Duplicate messages

Hi,

I'm having a somewhat similar problem.

I've only recently (about 3 weeks) installed Zimbra Desktop, but I noticed that Zimbra makes duplicates of some of my old messages for a reason or another.

First thing, Zimbra kept giving me error reports on 2 of my accounts, but I did not take notice. Then, after a about week of getting these errors daily, I noticed in some folders my messages had become duplicated about 20 times each. I mean, it did not happen in the inbox, so I did not see it immediately.

It would seem like the duplicated messages are all messages that I moved at some time using Zimbra, either from a folder to another, or from an account to another.

Fortunately, my folders are not too full of messages (about 20 per folders) so I can easily find it out and clean it up, but this kind of bug would drive me crazy and out of zimbra desktop for sure.

Here is 1 error I got this morning (and I'm positive I saw a some duplicates appear this morning). From what I can read, it does not like the date format or something like this

Product name: * *Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 2.0.1
    Build ID: * * * *10659
    Release type: * *GA
    OS Platform: * * Mac OS X i386 10.5.8
    Time of event: * 2011-01-18 08:22:36
    Error type: * * *UID SEARCH failed: expected "-" instead of v.
    Item ID: * * * * 343
    Error summary: * Append message failed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=122):

Local folder: /Inbox/Archives
    Failed request: C37 UID SEARCH SUBJECT "Votre mini newsletter apecnext" SENTON 05-janv.-2011

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION

com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: UID SEARCH failed: expected "-" instead of v.
    ********at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:219)
    ********at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:215)

... (trimmed for lisibility, ask me if you still want full error message)

Merci beaucoup, pitigrou!

However, I think my problem is not quite the same. These messages have not been duplicated because I have moved them, they just arrive as multiple copies.

It is very frustrating!

Thread Information