Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Yahoo "Account is locked. To resolve this issue, . . ."

foobaz is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Yahoo "Account is locked. To resolve this issue, . . ."

I changed my password for my Yahoo account and now I can't authenticate it in ZD using the new password. Apparently Yoohoo is looking for the dreaded 'Captcha' thangy. In the log I get:
    2010-12-31 10:12:06,500 WARN [btpool0-17] [ds=*******;] datasource - Test failed: DataSource: { id=2ccf82c4-af61-4f71-a154-66a9992b2d44, type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=*******, host=zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com, port=993, connectionType=ssl, username=*********, folderId=1 }
    com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.AuthenticationException: Captcha is required
    ExceptionId:btpool0-17:1293815526500:839502d0749cd4b6
    This account worked perfectly before I changed the password. last time this happened it took a week to resolve itself. I was hoping there is a faster fix|work-around. I have seen one other post about the captcha problem and many about not being able to authenticate a new password. No replies to any of them. Surely SOMEONE here knows how to deal with this.

Why can't there be a Captcha input pop-up like in jDownloader to allow the user to enter the phrase?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by foobaz View Post
    Why can't there be a Captcha input pop-up like in jDownloader to allow the user to enter the phrase?
    Go to bugzilla (link at the top of this page) and search for the word 'captcha', vote for anything you find.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Go to bugzilla (link at the top of this page) and search for the word 'captcha', vote for anything you find.
    OK did that. Sadly only one report with 0 votes. Suggest that you and anyone who reads this go and vote on it too: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31942 I added another report: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=55022 Please vote on that too.

mimiRose is offline Member

Default Yahoo account locked

I am having the same issue as the person who started this thread. Has a solution been found? Zimbra says my account is Locked. I have been locked out of my account for one week. Zimbra asks to click to a certain website, which I do, to unlock the account. I can login to Yahoo mail from the browser, but this does not unlock my Yahoo account in Zimbra. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiRose View Post
    I am having the same issue as the person who started this thread. Has a solution been found? Zimbra says my account is Locked. I have been locked out of my account for one week. Zimbra asks to click to a certain website, which I do, to unlock the account. I can login to Yahoo mail from the browser, but this does not unlock my Yahoo account in Zimbra. Please help.
    I emailed Yahoo with the problem and this is what they replied:

I understand that you have a question about the new Zimbra Desktop
    Client. Let me address your concern.

The Zimbra Desktop Client is still in beta mode, and therefore, is
    directly supported by our Zimbra team. You can reach the Zimbra support
    team through our Zimbra Online Forum at:

Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Forums

To learn more about the Zimbra Desktop Client, please visit our Zimbra
    information page at:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Yahoo!_Zimbra_Desktop

I hope this addresses your issue. If you need any further assistance,
    please feel free to contact us again and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

Regards,

John

Yahoo! Mail Customer Care
    So both parties are passing the buck I'm afraid. Last time I changed the pw, I logged in from the browser and it fixed itself in a few days. I think the moon was full and it was an odd-numbered day. LOL.

Eep! how can there be no solution for this??

Yahoo tells me there is nothing on their end that allows them to unlock.

And the Zimbra people have said nothing about this issue?

Makes me hesitant to even continue using Zimbra. If I can get 'locked out' of my email because of bad programming, I wonder what else could go wrong using this program for my email.

Eep! how can there be no solution for this??

Yahoo tells me there is nothing on their end that allows them to unlock.

And the Zimbra people have said nothing about this issue?

Makes me hesitant to even continue using Zimbra. If I can get 'locked out' of my email because of bad programming, I wonder what else could go wrong using this program for my email.
    Here's how I look at it. ZD is buggier than a corpse in the desert at high noon, has limited support as we see here, and has many design quirks built in, but it is the only app that allows you to have multiple free Yahoo accounts open at the same time. Usually you have to pay for that. I have many other accounts open too, so everything is in one place and I don't have to constantly log in/out through a browser or have other apps open. That's why I keep using it. If they fix this problem it would be a bonus at this time.

Foobaz- will it help to uninstall Zimbra and reinstall? (Or has this only happened to you once or twice, so you wouldn't be able to say? Have you ever tried this when you had this problem?
    So weird that from googling I only find myself and Foobaz who have been locked out of our Yahoo accounts in Zimbra.

Foobaz- will it help to uninstall Zimbra and reinstall? (Or has this only happened to you once or twice, so you wouldn't be able to say? Have you ever tried this when you had this problem?
    So weird that from googling I only find myself and Foobaz who have been locked out of our Yahoo accounts in Zimbra.
    I wouldn't want to do that and risk losing everything--settings, mail, addresses. Too much trouble. Easier to wait. I have seen others having this problem before I did.

Well, it's been six days. I hope this will resolve itself like it did for foobaz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information