Thread: junk mail folder missing

alooknac is offline Starter Member

Default junk mail folder missing

I am new to Zimbra and like it a lot so far.
    A couple of questions:

Where do I find which version I am using? When registering here I put down 2.0.1 because I just downloaded a day ago and since that's the latest version, I think that's what I have, but I couldn't actually find it by right-clicking like I usually would for a program.

More importantly, I have 3 POP accounts (all from same ISP--centurytel.net) and 3 IMAP accounts. Only the IMAP accounts have junk mail folders. From FAQs it appears that junk folder is a system folder that should just be there. Any help? Thanks.

Trischa is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by alooknac View Post
    I am new to Zimbra and like it a lot so far.
    A couple of questions:

Where do I find which version I am using? When registering here I put down 2.0.1 because I just downloaded a day ago and since that's the latest version, I think that's what I have, but I couldn't actually find it by right-clicking like I usually would for a program.

More importantly, I have 3 POP accounts (all from same ISP--centurytel.net) and 3 IMAP accounts. Only the IMAP accounts have junk mail folders. From FAQs it appears that junk folder is a system folder that should just be there. Any help? Thanks.
    I also am new, and have a similar problem.

I understand there should be a JUNK ststems folder (along with SENT, DRAFTS, TRASH). I have these, but I have no JUNK folder. I have recently been having problems not receiving mail from one person (gmail). I have looked in TRASH but ther is no JUNK folder to check. I recently installed the version before my current version (7.1.4 GA (build 11299) -- recommended for stability! and it ate my entire setup by installing clean over the top (all emails and folders for last 2 months gone).

I would be grateful for any help as this is driving me nuts. I work with this gmail person and the emails are very important to receive.

OH -- re where to find version number -- go to HELP/ABOUT at the top right of the screen

leadingedge is offline Starter Member

Anyone?

I'm new to Zimbra desktop too, and have the same problem!!

Version: Zimbra Desktop 7.1.4 GA (build 11299)
    Mail server acct type: POP

Problem on Win7:
    Junk folder is visible in left pane under "All Mailboxes" (but not under the 2 POP accounts), but when mail manually marked as junk (via Spam button above message list), the message is removed from it's folder... but does not appear in the Junk folder! A search for the message marked as junk (by subject) returns nothing, even though "include Spam in searches" (and "include Trash in searches") is checked.

Problem on WinXP (2 differenrt installations!!):
    Same as above...

In both cases, if only a single POP account is configured, there is no "All Mailboxes" view (as ecpected) and no Junk folder in the POP account mail folder tree.

Given that we have 3 users (and a minimum of 5 installations) with this issue, any thoughts/advice from the community/devs on what apears to be a real issue? thanks

jfx81 is offline Member

POP3 does not support folders. Is there any way you can access your accounts via IMAP?

Thread Information