Thread: Progress ZD 2.0.1??

jaapaikema is offline Active Member

Red face Progress ZD 2.0.1??

Anyone know what the progress is on ZD 2.0.1 cause I see at the pm-page that only 1 issue is still open, but a release date is not mentioned. I have a few customers constantly bothering me when they finaly can use ZD as their default mail application in windows

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jaapaikema View Post
    Anyone know what the progress is on ZD 2.0.1 cause I see at the pm-page that only 1 issue is still open, but a release date is not mentioned.
    Details in the Product Portal is the current status of the release, product release date are not pre-announced and you'll see an announcement in the forums when it's available.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jaapaikema is offline Active Member

This reply I could have given myself. Cause when I search the forums I see this kind of replies several times.

My problem is that in v2.0.1 a least 1 feature (the default mailer in windows) that was supposed to be included in the v2.0.0 release will become available. My customers are about to kill me, because I keep telling them it's comming for quite a while now.

This reply I could have given myself. Cause when I search the forums I see this kind of replies several times.
    Well, I'm afraid that my telepathic skills aren't that good and I don't know what you've already seen in the forums.

My problem is that in v2.0.1 a least 1 feature (the default mailer in windows) that was supposed to be included in the v2.0.0 release will become available. My customers are about to kill me, because I keep telling them it's comming for quite a while now.
    It is coming and I'm sure you'd rather have a product that's released after it's been 'fixed' and been through QA & tested wouldn't you? There are no guarantees on release dates, they are always subject to change, as stated in the forums and on the Product Portal and here's the quote (just in case others want to see it):

Zimbra and VMware Inc. reserves the right to update this information and to make changes, including but not limited to features, functionality or dates, at any time, without notice. The information on this site is not a commitment to deliver any product, feature or functionality by Zimbra or VMware, Inc. The timing of features or functionality is at the sole discretion of Zimbra and VMware, Inc.
    Regards

Bill

waltholman is offline Intermediate Member

I hear ya. I'm very interested in that feature as well. I've got around 200 users in local government using Zimbra and the new MSI installer together with this would give me a nice desktop client for them. Just checked the portal again, and there's basically 2 outstanding issues (was 1 I believe yesterday), so I'd guess it's coming very soon.

AMG76 is offline Junior Member

Same problem with me, I tested Zimbra Desktop version 2.00 in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and it doesn't work as the default mail client. The mailto feature doesn't work either. The same applies to Windows server 2008 R2 that is based on 7.

Will this major bug be finally fixed in the upcoming 2.0.1 release? thx

Quote Originally Posted by AMG76 View Post
    Will this major bug be finally fixed in the upcoming 2.0.1 release? thx
    Do read the bug report and the Product Portal for details of which release it's targeted for and when it will be released;.
    Regards

Bill

AMG76 is offline Junior Member

Thanks. I found this:

Zimbra Product Management Portal

No release date available yet but very useful. The sendto bug in Windows will be fixed.

Thread Information