Thread: html signature exceeds 1024 characters

jgribbin is offline Starter Member

Default html signature exceeds 1024 characters

Is there any way I can change the limit on this?

I am attempting to use a company recommended disclaimer. In text mode it fits, but when I attempts to do an HTML version including a couple of links it runs over.

Jim Gribbin

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jgribbin View Post
    Is there any way I can change the limit on this?

I am attempting to use a company recommended disclaimer. In text mode it fits, but when I attempts to do an HTML version including a couple of links it runs over.
    If this is connecting to a Zimbra server then you should read this bug report: Bug 37821 – Signature's default size needs to be more than 1024
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jgribbin is offline Starter Member

Thanks, but I am not using Zimbra server as yet. I does look interesting though.

I don't know that it's considered the correct way to do it or not, but I do seem to have found a solution.

I edited the configuration file: /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/data/conf/attrs/zimbra-attrs.xml

And edited the section begining :
    <attr id="454" name="zimbr<attr id="454" name="zimbraMailSignatureMaxLength"aMailSignatureM axLength"

The next line read: <defaultCOSValue>10240</defaultCOSValue>, and I changed it to read: <defaultCOSValue>20480</defaultCOSValue>

Seem to work ...

Jim G

arunava_sen2002 is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If this is connecting to a Zimbra server then you should read this bug report: Bug 37821 &ndash; Signature's default size needs to be more than 1024
    Dear moderator
    it seems Zimbra desktop applications HTML singnature option is given just for showoff purpose. in HTML signature i used only my name, phone number, even then also its not allowing me to create. giving error : HTML Signature exceeds maximum length of 1,024 ( it includes the html tags ).

only if i put keep html signatur blank. then i can save it.hahahahahaha.... what a joke....

diacono is offline Member

Angry I can't believe this is still a bug!

I use Zimbra Desktop and server many years ago and I've started to use it again (version 7.01 build 10701) on a Google Apps email account.

This is a BUG as I've created my signature in html and it's 634 characters long. I open the html page in Chrome and copy and paste it yet I still can't save the signature!

The same happened several years ago and the signature then was well under 1024 chars long...

Any ideas on this one?

diacono is offline Member

Thumbs up

Actually, a little more searching and and I found this How do I change the max signature length limit in ZD?

Turns out you can edit several configuration files to increase the limit in Zimbra Desktop. Not that simple though!

All working now...

geomax is offline Starter Member

Thanks for the signature solution
    Even allowing for the minor irritations like this, its a really great email client and is much lighter than firefox etc for IMAP access (especially to Gmail)

ct6671 is offline Starter Member

An absolute joke, how can this be an issue for an email program???

I love the look and functions, but this (if not fixed) will prevent me from using it and recommending it to a hundred or so colleagues...

MarcusB is offline Starter Member

Angry Care factor ?? Beyond belief that a simple fix for an indentified problem is not done

Quote Originally Posted by ct6671 View Post
    An absolute joke, how can this be an issue for an email program???

I love the look and functions, but this (if not fixed) will prevent me from using it and recommending it to a hundred or so colleagues...
    Yes, I was in the process of converting from Outlook 2010 and this is a real pain ! Beyond belief that future releases can't have the default value for Sig length changed to a more realistic limit !

Changing all those files once is bad enough. but for each user to have to do it again after each SW update is beyond belief ! Shows a care factor similar to what Microsoft has developed over the years ...

Thread Information