Thread: Zibmra Social?

i2ambler is offline Special Member

Default Zibmra Social?

How do I remove the zimbra social from being installed by default on a new desktop 2.0 installation? We dont allow facebook/twitter etc. so this is pointless, and we would rather not allow users to see it.

mkdutchman is offline Starter Member

I have the same problem, I need to take the social tab off completely and prevent it from being re-enabled. Can I do that without modifying the source code?

odeleon is offline Advanced Member

Well, until Bug 38351 – Ability to Customize Installation gets resolved there is little you can do to have it not-installed by default.

In the meantime you could try and delete the $USERS_ZD_INSTALL/zimlets-deployed/com_zimbra_social directory in each instance. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a try

i2ambler is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by odeleon View Post
    Well, until Bug 38351 – Ability to Customize Installation gets resolved there is little you can do to have it not-installed by default.

In the meantime you could try and delete the $USERS_ZD_INSTALL/zimlets-deployed/com_zimbra_social directory in each instance. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a try
    Seems silly to have the social zimlet enabled by default..

Thread Information