Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the mails are going to store?

slkamath is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Where the mails are going to store?

Hello All,

Can you please inform me where is our mails are going to store???

Can we change the the folder path of mail storing?

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

bartounet is offline Active Member

Read the Zimbra documentation can help you ...
    Dell R905 64Go Ram cluster DRBD Xen 3.2 - SLES11 64bits
    Zimbra NE V7.1.4 Xen SLES11SP1 Paravirtualized

Dirk is offline Moderator

The short answer is /opt/zimbra/store, and "yes"

Hello Dirk,

Can u please tell the full path. coz I am very new to Zimbra.

Also how can i imort all the mails from outlook (nearly 15GB to 25GB of mails)

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by slkamath View Post
    Hello Dirk,

Can u please tell the full path. coz I am very new to Zimbra.
    The full path to what? You've been given the location of the mail store, all the mail is stored under that directory. What exactly are you trying to do?

Also how can i imort all the mails from outlook (nearly 15GB to 25GB of mails)
    How about using the .pst import wizard? If you're new to using Zimbra I'd suggest you start by reading the Documentation and searching the forums and Zimbra :: Wiki for information and answers to your questions.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I want to know below things

1. How we can change the mail storage path? (example: In outlook data folder path we can change to where ever we need i mean we can change C:\ to d:\ or E:\) This is because in case of windows crash then data is also going to lost.

2. Where is the default location of zimbra mail storage location?

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I want to know below things

1. How we can change the mail storage path? (example: In outlook data folder path we can change to where ever we need i mean we can change C:\ to d:\ or E:\) This is because in case of windows crash then data is also going to lost.
    You have posted this thread in the Zimbra Collaboration Suite/Administration forum, you do know that ZCS is not a Windows product and only runs on Linux or MAC don't you? Have you actually installed Zimbra Collaboration Suite?

2. Where is the default location of zimbra mail storage location?
    You've already been given that earlier in this thread.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sir,

I am new to Zimbra, also I am using Zimbra in Windows XP machine. So I want to know where the mails are going to store (path). If ZCS runs in Linux & MAC then how i have to import my Windows Outlook mail into Zimbra?

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

Dirk is offline Moderator

Hi Slkamath,
    I dont think you have a good understanding of the Zimbra Desktop product, I'd suggest that you install it and use if for a day or two with test accounts and become familiar with it.

Zimbra Desktop does run on Windows, Linux and OSX, yes; but how is that relevent to you? Why do you need to even know the storage path? (it's going to be somewhere in your user profile, which will depend on both your username and the version of windows you are using)

Just install the product and play with it, if you get stuck, search the forums and the wiki, try a global google search too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Hi Slkamath,
    I dont think you have a good understanding of the Zimbra Desktop product, I'd suggest that you install it and use if for a day or two with test accounts and become familiar with it.

Zimbra Desktop does run on Windows, Linux and OSX, yes; but how is that relevent to you? Why do you need to even know the storage path? (it's going to be somewhere in your user profile, which will depend on both your username and the version of windows you are using)

Just install the product and play with it, if you get stuck, search the forums and the wiki, try a global google search too.
    Hi Drik,

I dont have a knowledge of Zimbra. I am new to this. I informed this regarding when i start asking the questions.

Previously I am using WindowsXP and recently changed my operating System to Ubuntu 10.10, In this i have installed Zimbra and i dont have any problem becos i just configured my office mail as IMAP.

Now real problem is in one of my co-worker system (he is using windows XP) i installed Zimbra because before that he is using Microsoft Office Outlook and he is having mails of nearly 6GB, 3GB, 4.7GB pst's due to over capacity his outlook has got hang and he asked me to retrive it. I tried so many times and I was not able to done that. So i informed him to use ZIMBRA and he seen the ZIMBRA desktop in my system and agreed to install. I installed Zimbra in his windows XP system and configured Office Email ID as POP.

So i asked what is the mail storage path of Zimbra. So that i can take necessary backup of data. or else if we can able to change the data storage path of zimbra that's well and good. (this option is there in outlook). Normally all softwares default location is C:\programe files\ if anything happens to windows then it will currupt the data also. So for precation purpose i asked the data storage path.

If possible please help me to change the location of data storage path or where that mails are going to store in the system.

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information