Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ... and Spell checking in more than one language

  1. #1
    ChrisAlba is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default ... and Spell checking in more than one language

    The FAQ says
    Zimbra Desktop Download and Install FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki
    How to install spell checker dictionaries?
    ... (1) Download the dictionaries from these links:
    (2) Unzip the dictionary package to the "dictionaries" directory. Depending on which OS you are running, the directory location is:
    Windows: <install>\win32\prism\xulrunner\dictionaries

    I'm on Windows7 home premium italian --
    I'm using Zimbra Desktop 2.0 build 10514
    I can't find that path... (can't find "Prism" anywhere

    I would also like to be able to spellcheck in 3 languages.

    Thanks for any help you can give

  2. #2
    jflanigan is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    The dictionaries should be under your installation directory. By default, we use C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\, so the dictionaries would be found under C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\prism\xulrunner\dictionaries.

    As far as spell checking 3 different languages goes, you have to choose an active dictionary by configuring user.js as described in the FAQ. Only one dictionary can be used at a time, and you have to restart Zimbra Desktop after making the change.

  3. #3
    Rengel is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hello,

    I tried to get the German dictionary in ZD 2 (10580) without success.

    I used the "How to" in the KB.

    1) Copied the files to
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\prism\xulrunner

    2) Can't find a user.js under
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\

    So I used the one in the folder
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\profile

    Changed it from
    user_pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "@install.locale@");

    to
    user_pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "de");

    But after restarting the spell check is still english.

    What could be the reason for that?

  4. #4
    jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    you followed this instruction here?

    Zimbra Desktop 2 FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki


    Quote Originally Posted by Rengel View Post
    Hello,

    I tried to get the German dictionary in ZD 2 (10580) without success.

    I used the "How to" in the KB.

    1) Copied the files to
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\prism\xulrunner

    2) Can't find a user.js under
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\

    So I used the one in the folder
    D:\Programme\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\profile

    Changed it from
    user_pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "@install.locale@");

    to
    user_pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "de");

    But after restarting the spell check is still english.

    What could be the reason for that?

  5. #5
    jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Rengel: you used the wrong user_pref.js file. Please double check the instruction on wiki.

  6. #6
    jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    Rengel: you used the wrong user_pref.js file. Please double check the instruction on wiki.
    i meant "user.js"

  7. #7
    Rengel is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hello and thanks for your answer.

    I've checked it again following the ZD2 instruction but I don't have a folder called

    <user data>/profile/user.js

    The only user.js on my computer is located in the folder I wrote above.

  8. #8
    kurdy is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Any news on this one

    Quote Originally Posted by Rengel View Post
    Hello and thanks for your answer.

    I've checked it again following the ZD2 instruction but I don't have a folder called

    <user data>/profile/user.js

    The only user.js on my computer is located in the folder I wrote above.
    I've got the same problem. I found
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\profile\user.js
    and changed the first line to
    Code:
    user_pref("spellchecker.dictionary", "nl");
    after I copied the dict-files to
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\prism\xulrunner\dictionaries\nl.aff
    and 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\prism\xulrunner\dictionaries\nl.dic
    But no luck. What do I do wrong?

  9. #9
    jflanigan is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    <user data> is a platform-specific location. It looks like you are on Vista or Windows 7, so you should be looking for <user data> in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop

    Take a look at this Wiki page for more detail on <user data>:

    Zimbra Desktop 2 FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra has started deferring all mail
    By pwd in forum Administrators
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
  2. DNS Questions and Trouble Installing
    By smurraysb in forum Installation
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 03:27 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
  4. Foreign Language Spell Checkers?
    By CarlyJB in forum Users
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •