Thread: Suddenly not connecting to my hotmail

sntstone is offline Starter Member

Default Suddenly not connecting to my hotmail

I just tried to reply to new messages, and after I had written them and hit "send", I noticed they both just went to my outbox and sat there. I hit "send and receive" a few times, still nothing. Also no error report or anything to tell me it wasn't connecting to the server. It wasn't until I highlighted the email address that a bubble came up saying last sync was over 2 hours ago! If it's not syncing why doesn't it tell me there's a problem? And what IS the problem? I haven't done anything. I was hoping to find a comparable email client to Outlook and this looks like it's great . . .if it would WORK!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sntstone View Post
    I just tried to reply to new messages, and after I had written them and hit "send", I noticed they both just went to my outbox and sat there. I hit "send and receive" a few times, still nothing. Also no error report or anything to tell me it wasn't connecting to the server. It wasn't until I highlighted the email address that a bubble came up saying last sync was over 2 hours ago! If it's not syncing why doesn't it tell me there's a problem? And what IS the problem? I haven't done anything. I was hoping to find a comparable email client to Outlook and this looks like it's great . . .if it would WORK!
    It does work and it works well, try using the Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 4 (download details in the announcement in the ZD forums) and see if that works.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sntstone is offline Starter Member

That doesn't help one bit. I want to know why it's not connecting to the server and what I can do to fix it. Because of that little feature that won't allow me to save my emails on the server once it syncs, all my emails from both my hotmail accounts are now stuck ONLY on this client. In order to retrieve them, I got the idea to stop regular syncs and only do them manually, and then I plan to forward all the emails to another account I have, then back again into my hotmail. But it still won't send. I just tried it and it says it cannot connect to the server. Which is so bogus, because 2 seconds before it had synced one of my accounts (I forgot to change it to manual on one of them when I last shut down), and I watched it download a couple of new emails. Once it was done, I changed the sync to manual, then selected all my messages, and attempted to forward them, and now they are all in the outbox because it says it cannot connect to server. WHY!!!!! If I upgrade then these will all be permanently lost.

Also, once I do figure out the problem, I will NOT upgrade unless the following features are included in the new version:
    --allows for Hotmail (and other POP) users to save synced mail on the server
    --syncs all folders. I have my about 8 different folders for different types of email I receive, including any my husband would want to see, so he can visit hotmail on his lunch break and take a look without having to wade through all my stuff. Neither Mozilla's Thunderbird nor Zimbra seems to do this.

The error code I'm now getting for the server issue is "EMPTY_ERROR". I didn't even get a code yesterday. I also just decided to check my address book to see if the import worked (I'm guessing it didn't) and got another error code (which for some reason went away while I was typing this and now it won't come back . . . jeesh).

Like everything else these days, Zimbra doesn't have (an easy to find) help center, this forum is it, and I need something more than, "Oh just get the new one."

Thread Information