Thread: Could not perform this operation because default mail client is notproperly installed

Thumbs down Could not perform this operation because default mail client is notproperly installed

I love Zimbra desktop but I can't send emails when I click on a link like on Craigslist. All other email functions are working just fine.
    Any help is DEEPLY appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ImYourPlumber.com View Post
    I love Zimbra desktop but I can't send emails when I click on a link like on Craigslist. All other email functions are working just fine.
    Any help is DEEPLY appreciated.
    You don't say which version of Zimbra Desktop you're using if it's version 1 then I'd suggest you download ZD 2 beta 4 and try that (details are in the announcement in the ZD forums). Make sure you read the FAQ and installation instructions before you do the install.

BTW, you don't need to post duplicate messages in the forums so I'll remove your other post.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You don't say which version of Zimbra Desktop you're using if it's version 1 then I'd suggest you download ZD 2 beta 4 and try that (details are in the announcement in the ZD forums). Make sure you read the FAQ and installation instructions before you do the install.

BTW, you don't need to post duplicate messages in the forums so I'll remove your other post.
    Sorry for the double post, I thought i posted somewhere but couldn't remember and I thought i'd get a reply email if someone replied.

How do I check the version I'm using?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Sorry for the double post, I thought i posted somewhere but couldn't remember and I thought i'd get a reply email if someone replied.

How do I check the version I'm using?
    For Windows you click on the systray icon then 'about', in linux the GUI has an icon in the bottom right you just click on that or simply look at the file you downloaded it will have the full version in the name. If you downloaded from the main site download page then you're likely to have ZD 1.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    For Windows you click on the systray icon then 'about', in linux the GUI has an icon in the bottom right you just click on that or simply look at the file you downloaded it will have the full version in the name. If you downloaded from the main site download page then you're likely to have ZD 1.
    Apparently I already had the newest version but I reloaded anyway.
    I think the problem is that windows7 will not let me change the settings that will allow me to use Zimbra for URL emails.
    After I've poked around, I find that the protocols can not be changed. It won't let me.

Apparently I already had the newest version but I reloaded anyway.
    I think the problem is that windows7 will not let me change the settings that will allow me to use Zimbra for URL emails.
    After I've poked around, I find that the protocols can not be changed. It won't let me.
    Does anyone have any ideas???

Thread Information