Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Import/Export between ZD1 and ZD2

neilspencerjones is offline Junior Member

Default Import/Export between ZD1 and ZD2

I am slightly confused about the staement regarding migration path between ZD1 and ZD2. It implies there is no migration tool ate present but seems to suggest Export from V1 and import into V2 is the only route. But, we cannot get and export from V1 to load into V2. Is this correct at present?

If so it is difficult to test the beta as we use a hosted ZCS service with limited on-line storage and our ZD users have large mailboxes (circa 700Mb) and to really test the beta we need to have those mailboxes moved over.

obsidian is offline Trained Alumni

Hi , i have also tried to import my exported local folders from ZD1 into ZD2 but get a "Import completed with a warning: # A network service error has occurred." message. Any ideas ?

landrypm is offline Intermediate Member

I am having the same problem here trying to export Local Folders from ZD1 and import them into ZD2. Any update here?

Michael REMY is offline Loyal Member

Default ok

hi guys !

from ZD1, how do you export your local folders ? (to re-import them into ZD2 off course)

is there any procedure or documentation to do that rightly ?

neilspencerjones is offline Junior Member

There has been no response on this issue for such a long time it would seem that Zimbra are going to do nothing about it. At present exporting from 1 and importing into 2 does not work as the file structures of the export/import are different between the versions.

The idea that you could copy all your email back to the server and then backdown is a none starter if (a) you have lots of email; or (b) you do not own and run the server. In our case our small business uses a commercial Zimbra server provider and the biggest mailbox is about 800Mb with no apparent ability to get desktop mail from V1 to V2 it seems my users are stuffed.

Can't see even Apple and MS stuffing you like this.

cayaraa is offline Special Member

I've had one mac user have this problem. When he tried to import his V1 data into V2 it would give him a network error. He did have success though when he tried importing his V1 export into V2 on windows though.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with this when we're ready to start moving users from V1 to V2....Anyone with local mail might be in for a surprise....

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

do you have a screenshot of the "network error"? can you attach his/her zdesktop.log here?

the log is under data location:
    Zimbra Desktop 2 FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by cayaraa View Post
    I've had one mac user have this problem. When he tried to import his V1 data into V2 it would give him a network error. He did have success though when he tried importing his V1 export into V2 on windows though.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with this when we're ready to start moving users from V1 to V2....Anyone with local mail might be in for a surprise....

I just tried this on my computer for the first time and...got the same thing. I'm running linux.

Here is the error:

and the logs show *lots* of these errors when importing to the zd2 local folder:

2010-10-12 16:17:31,938 WARN [btpool0-7] [mid=1;] misc - system failure: invalid value for flags: 1207959552:
    2010-10-12 16:17:31,939 WARN [btpool0-7] [mid=1;] misc - system failure: invalid value for flags: 1207959552:
    2010-10-12 16:17:31,939 WARN [btpool0-7] [mid=1;] misc - system failure: invalid value for flags: 1207959552:

The file I'm trying to import was an export of the local mail folder with the advanced settings set to only allow exporting of type "mail":

121M 2010-10-12 14:49 Local Folders-2010-10-12-144841.tgz

obsidian is offline Trained Alumni

I logged a support ticket for this error and this was the reply i received.

Unfortunately it transpires that due to significant internal changes in ZD2 it is not possible to import data from ZD1.
    Access Denied
    We will be changing the entry on the wiki page to reflect this. Apologies for any inconveniences.

Unfortunately i can not view bug 50297 , i get a "You are not authorized to access bug #50297." message.
    So in the end i "imported" my "Local Folders" back to the server with V1 and the opened V2 and export it to "Local Folders" again. Just make sure your mailbox size is big enough to allow it.

Thats not good..... I know in our case anyone who would be using local folders would be users who want to keep far more mail then their quota allows so moving mail back to the server to be resynced into ZD2 isn't an option.

Thanks for opening a ticket and finding that out obsidian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information