Thread: Saving embedded pictures from received e-mails

Ash-Fox is offline Intermediate Member

Default Saving embedded pictures from received e-mails

I have searched these forums with little success, looked in the wiki and could not find the answer, so if this questioned is answered somewhere please don't get irate.

I have been unable to figure out how one saves an image embedded in an e-mail from Zimbra Desktop 1.0.4 build 1833. Zimbra displays a paperclip which from my understanding shows that this image is embedded via an attachment and I can't find the anything where attachments are usually displayed either.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Bump.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

storm is online now Advanced Member

The issue has been fixed in Zimbra Desktop 2 Beta 3 which is due to be released tomorrow (07.06.2010 Zimbra Product Portal )

If you don't wish to install that, you can save these images from the email via slightly long and unwieldy workarounds.

The related bugs are here https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=35956 and here https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46245 .

Either:

a) access Zimbra Desktop through a webrowser, and then try and right-click the image to get a 'save image as...' option.

NB To use your default browser to display Zimbra Desktop UI, go to the account setup page and click on "open in web browser" link at the bottom.

[You may run into this bug: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28495 you need to start the printing process, and you should be able to open the image from the print preview screen as I understand it.]

OR:

b) open the email in Zimbra Desktop normally, click and drag the areas before and after the image to highlight it, use CTRL+C to copy the image (and whatever else you've highlighted) and paste it into a graphics or wordprocessor document (such as GIMP or openoffice.org Writer).

Good luck.
    Last edited by storm; 06-06-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Minor version error

Thank you for the reply, this has been a great help.

Thread Information