Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 2 fails to initialize in WinXP

aldennis is offline Senior Member

Default [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 2 fails to initialize in WinXP

Hi,

We are eagerly awaiting the second beta release of ZD 2, but we are experiencing some problems installing it. Almost all of our desktop computer uses the previous ZD 1 (the latest build). I understood that you need to uninstall it first prior to installing ZD 2. Then after installing ZD 2 and running it for the first time a dialog box appears saying that initializing ZD please wait, and a command prompt appears.

In some installations, it was successful and eventually displays the ZD2 add account dialog window, but most computers just don't. The initialize terminal window and dialog box just exits after a few seconds then nothing appears. No errors display and no ZD2 Add Account Window.

After a series of reinstalltion and reboot still the same. Is this a bug of some sort or there is something to be done. This happens in WinXP Pro. SP2 and SP3 and some Vista Home Basic OS as well. I haven't experience it in my Ubuntu workstation.

I try to google it but I haven't found any topic on this yet. If there's one pls. send me the link.

Thanks

marchand is offline Junior Member

I had the same problem, I solved it starting Zimbra from C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs .

To run Zimbra Desktop on 2003 Server requires Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) .

Boix is offline Junior Member

I have the same problem in windows XP. I posted before about this bug, but i canīt resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by marchand View Post
    I had the same problem, I solved it starting Zimbra from C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs .

To run Zimbra Desktop on 2003 Server requires Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) .
    What do you mean starting Zimbra from C:\Program Files\....\zdrun.vbs, do I need to double click that script? Or should I edit the shortcut and modify the start in field.

Double click on zdrun.vbs and your Zimbra should start .

JohnnyDon is offline Junior Member

On one of our machines nothing works either. IF someone figures this out please post it. I installed 2.0 on my XP machine last week to see if it was stable enough for the rest of the office. It has been working flawlessly, aside from having to open/close it a couple of times, so I decided it was this morning, and the first XP machine I attempted to install it on got this problem. Thanks All!

Double click on zdrun.vbs and your Zimbra should start .
    Sorry for the late reply, I was on leave for 3 days. I've tried double clicking zdrun.vbs script displays a dialog box. "Initializing please wait..." It seems that it goes on forever. I've waited for about 10 mins. then I click the OK button it lunches another dialog box with the same message and then an error message pops out.

Again, Zimbra Desktop 2 won't run. I will post the screenshot when I get a chance.

Check your "Event Viewer". If you see error "Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found .........." then you must install Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) .

Check your "Event Viewer". If you see error "Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found .........." then you must install Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) .
    Thanks man... This really solves my problem. I haven't look at the event viewer, I've just installed the package you said.

At last, we can roll out ZD2 to all our users!! They been waiting for this.

JohnnyDon is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Yep, that worked like a champ! I had the error in:
    Control Pannel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer | System
    (I had to run a search)

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from the Microsoft website and installed it.

Next time I tried to run ZDT2, the initializing dialog still cam up, but stayed up this time and after about 20 seconds, ZDT2 opened up. :-)

Many Thanks Marchand!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information