Thread: beta 2 Issues on windows 7; features still needed

whileworth is offline Loyal Member

Default beta 2 Issues on windows 7; features still needed

There are two issues with zd2 b2 on windows 7 x74 that I've noticed. Both have to do with the way the app displays in the toolbar area.

#1 most apps don't create a separate icon for the app when it's running. in windows 7, if I have pinned zd to the toolbar, and I start zd, it's icon should become 'active' looking. Instead, a new, separate zd icon appears.

#2 more important is that the zd tray icon does not seem to show when new email is waiting to be read. With other OS or other zd (not sure which) the red zd icon would turn into a yellow 'letter' icon.

It's too bad that neither of my wished for and written about features have been added to zd 2. that is, copy paste images directly into the body of an html email, and having zd open on the right hand monitor if that's where it ran last time around. Others have requested the same of course.

Otherwise b2 seems pretty well behaved.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by whileworth View Post
    It's too bad that neither of my wished for and written about features have been added to zd 2. that is, copy paste images directly into the body of an html email, and having zd open on the right hand monitor if that's where it ran last time around. Others have requested the same of course.
    Did you file any bug/RFEs reports for those 'requests'? Without filing them in bugzilla they will most likely never be implemented, if you have filed them in bugzilla then check the status of them and keep your eye on the Product Portal for a target release.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The requests are in bugzilla somewhere, but no I don't keep track of them. I just hoped that those might be fixed in this major update to zd.

darko is offline Junior Member

The new mail tray icon was fixed yesterday:

Bug 43498 – no new mail notification icon

Another bug that seems to have started out of nowhere a few days ago after using beta 2 for weeks is that the bolding of the account name in the account list when there is unread mail has stopped. The only way I can now tell that there is new mail is by clicking each email account. I could not find a bug entry for this but I might have missed it.

Another bug that seems to have started out of nowhere a few days ago after using beta 2 for weeks is that the bolding of the account name in the account list when there is unread mail has stopped. The only way I can now tell that there is new mail is by clicking each email account. I could not find a bug entry for this but I might have missed it.
    You don't say which operating system you're using but does this help: [SOLVED] unread folders not bold
    Regards

Bill

I'm the op; the thread title and first post detail that it's windows 7 x64. So likely that ubuntu oriented message isn't relevant.

It's an intermittant issue - the email notification that arrived re your post did make the account name bold; but most of the time, the last couple of days, I've been surprised to see new email waiting in the various accounts, since the account is not bolded.

I wonder if anyone on the zd team reads threads like this? I thought the request was to provide input on the beta here in the forum. I am not going to start adding things to the bug tracker, am not sure if that's even possible or expected. But the last issue I reported is a major one; it's making zd a poor email client because you can't tell if new emails have arrived, unless you open each account.

Another bug with beta 2 is that when I set the default email type to html, reply emails don't seem to include any of the prev text from the conversation.

Not sure why I'm reporting this here, no one from zd seems to be reading this stuff. ZD remains very slow to sync with gmail, I'm on the border of moving back to thunderbird. I wonder when the next update to zd 2 will be issued?

Another bug with beta 2 is that when I set the default email type to html, reply emails don't seem to include any of the prev text from the conversation.

Not sure why I'm reporting this here, no one from zd seems to be reading this stuff.
    If you have a problem that you think is a bug then it should go in bugzilla.

I wonder when the next update to zd 2 will be issued?
    Details, as always, are in the Product Portal.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information