Thread: Which Desktop version for Mac OS 10.3.9

TankerSki is offline Starter Member

Default Which Desktop version for Mac OS 10.3.9

Im having trouble downloading my mail from my ISP, they just installed the Zimbra mail program. I've been with this ISP since '93, with dial-up and DSL, and the old mail server worked with any Mac Computer or OS, I had at the time.

I think this new Zimbra mail, the ISP is using is ten times better then before, but we were not made aware of needing Zimbra's Desktop to view mail on my Mac, as it is now the only way to read my Zimbra mail is go directly to my ISP. Which version of Zimbra Desktop do I need to read mail on my desktop, and work with the ISP's version?

I'm using Mac OS 10.3.9, for Classic programs and games, I can upgrade to OS 10.4.11 and still use Classic. My Mac is a Power Pro Duel processor G5, 2.0 GHz, 260 GB HD + Ext. 1.2 TB HD's, ATi Radeon 800 XT-256mb, LaCie 19blue IV monitor, wireless keyboard & mouse, etc. etc.

At one time I also use web search sites, Excite, Lycos, and Yahoo, each with mail and I could read mail form each through my ISP mail, until they quit mailboxes, or at a monthly fee for same. And or I quit using them.

Can someone in support, please advise me as to what version of your desktop, I need for my current OS. Thank You !

Ski

TankerSki is offline Starter Member

This was not an April Fools Joke!

I see at the bottom of this forum there are 18 Moderators, can someone take a stab at this inquiry and not joke around.

Thanks !

Ski

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TankerSki View Post
    I see at the bottom of this forum there are 18 Moderators, can someone take a stab at this inquiry and not joke around.
    Yes, and do remember that everyone that posts on these forums (moderator or not) is a volunteer and does this in their spare time.

There are three downloads available for Zimbra Desktop, that would be for Windows, Linux and Mac (Intel powered). So I guess if your machine isn't one of those (I don't use a Mac and know nothing about them) then I guess you're out of luck. You can, however, connect to your Zimbra (I assume that's what you meant at your ISP) email accounts using any IMAP compliant client. You really should contact your ISP (or their help pages) if you have problems connecting to your email using any mail client, we do not have any details of how their system is set-up.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information