Thread: Where is the best place to provide feedback?

mtiernan is offline Member

Default Where is the best place to provide feedback?

I'm using ZDT (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008072406 Prism (zdesktop/1.0.4)) and I'd like to be able to provide some helpful feedback about the product.

I'm sure I'm not the first one with this thought/request but I didn't find any clear pointers for what the preferred method of supplying general feedback is.

As a "fer instance", I'd suggest that the background image used behind the "Folders" list is a problem. Yes it's pretty but the faint "Check mark" (see attached) and other symbols (dots/swipes, etc) looks like a mark next to one of the folders when they extend down past that point.

I'd encourage that to go away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You can provide 'feedback' (which is always welcome) in the forums for others to comment on but if you want changes made (enhancements or bugs) then they should be file in Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra and that will get to the attention of the developers. Do search bugzilla first to see if anything has been filed on problems or RFEs and vote on them if there is.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Baylink is offline Elite Member

That specific item, though, is a design element *in the theme you're using*. If you choose another theme, it will in fact go away.

And while I understand your point, that's not in fact a UI element -- which is to say, it would only ever appear at that particular spot, not next to any other folder; and, as your example displays, it will appear with no folder name there at all.

So I think that one's a low-probability hit.

But, easy way: change themes.

Harder way: post an RFE on bugzilla to modify the theme.

I personally like that theme precisely because of the elements like that that differentiate it from the run-o-the-mill ones. But I'm prone to nerdview anyway.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

Thread Information