Thread: Broken account - not listed, but 'exists', so can't create

whileworth is offline Loyal Member

Default Broken account - not listed, but 'exists', so can't create

As noted in another thread that isn't getting any input, I have a new zd install (zdesktop_1_0_4_build_1833_win32.exe) on a windows 7 box that has a broken email account. It was added, then during the attempt to copy the three folders over from my other zd install became corrupted. I tried to remove it using the zd interface. It's not listed any more, but if I try to add that email account back in, zd tells me it already exists. How can I fix this?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

can you uninstall first then reinstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by whileworth View Post
    As noted in another thread that isn't getting any input, I have a new zd install (zdesktop_1_0_4_build_1833_win32.exe) on a windows 7 box that has a broken email account. It was added, then during the attempt to copy the three folders over from my other zd install became corrupted. I tried to remove it using the zd interface. It's not listed any more, but if I try to add that email account back in, zd tells me it already exists. How can I fix this?

whileworth is offline Loyal Member

Uninstall zd? I'd prefer not to because it downloaded all of the emails from gmail already on the main email account, which is working in zd. That's a long long process, which I was hoping to avoid via the folder transfer trick. Unfortunately that seems to have backfired.

There must be some way to root out the db record for the busted email account? It's derby, right? Can I open the relevant table and kill the record?

Rayhawk is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by whileworth View Post
    I can't help you, but wanted to say I'm having the same problem. I'm worried about uninstalling because I have exchange emails from another account saved in my local folders and I'm not sure if I would lose them.

Thread Information