Thread: New Message Indicator?

wfaulk is offline Starter Member

Default New Message Indicator?

I just started using Zimbra against an Exchange server, and I'm having a few issues, the most prominent of them being that I can't find any indication of which messages are new. I do get the popup notifications I configured, but in the list of Inbox messages, I don't see anything to distinguish the new messages from the older ones.

Is there supposed to be one? Without one, it's very difficult for me to keep up with my mail. I don't really care if it's an icon or a difference in font or whatever; I just need something.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wfaulk View Post
    I just started using Zimbra against an Exchange server, and I'm having a few issues, the most prominent of them being that I can't find any indication of which messages are new. I do get the popup notifications I configured, but in the list of Inbox messages, I don't see anything to distinguish the new messages from the older ones.

Is there supposed to be one? Without one, it's very difficult for me to keep up with my mail. I don't really care if it's an icon or a difference in font or whatever; I just need something.
    The messages should show up in bold, does it not do that? Have you tried this with Zimbra Desktop 2 beta1? If not, try that and see how you get on - the details are in a sticky in this forum. Please make sure you read the information about how to install and also the wiki articles.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

darko is offline Junior Member

No, not while inside the program.

In Zimbra 1, while zimbra was minimized, the icon at the bottom right would change to an envelope when you had new e-mails. This feature doesn't exist for me in Zimbra 2, and it's very annoying since you have to open up the main zimbra window yourself from time to time to check for new mail.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by darko View Post
    No, not while inside the program.

In Zimbra 1, while zimbra was minimized, the icon at the bottom right would change to an envelope when you had new e-mails. This feature doesn't exist for me in Zimbra 2, and it's very annoying since you have to open up the main zimbra window yourself from time to time to check for new mail.
    Which operating system?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

Sorry to bump this, but can anyone else comment on this behavior? Or are there too few users of the beta?

Also I don't think this is a Windows 7 issue, because Zimbra 1 on Windows 7 does change the tray icon to an envelope.

soxfan is offline Moderator

Sorry to bump this, but can anyone else comment on this behavior?
    Yup, just confirmed the same behavior. I'm running ZD 2 Beta 1 on Windows 7 64 bit. The ZD icon remains red even when there are new messages in the Inbox. Have you searched Bugzilla for this issue? It definitely seems like a bug. If you can't find anything file a new bug report. Remember to vote for your own bug, and please post back here a link to the bug so that others will know about it and can vote as well.

soxfan is offline Moderator

Actually, just did some searching on Bugzilla myself, and I believe this is bug 43498. Status says "Assigned", with a target milestone of 2.0. So, I doubt it will be in Beta 2, which is supposed to come out Monday, but hopefully will make it into the 2.0 Final release.

Thread Information