Hi all,

I just started testing ZD 2.0 beta 1 (which I've been waiting for for quite a time!), but I can't get it to work.
I have a "basic" ZCS 6.0.5 account on a server along with self-signed certificate.
I managed to set up my account without problems, it tells me that it is correctly set and starts synchronizing (after the usual warning because of the self-signed certificate). However, when I hit the button that should get me to the usual interface, It stays at the "loading" screen.
In the log, I can see that the account is set up fine and starts synchronizing (I get tons of "[sync-mbox-xxx@xxx.xxx] [] offline - initial: created message (130487): message subject"), but I also get the following NPException (tail -f tells me that it appears exactly when the "loading..." screen appears) :
Code:
2010-02-13 00:29:38,331 INFO  [sync-timer-dir] [] offline - ui loading - sync paused
2010-02-13 00:29:43,556 WARN  [btpool0-3] [mid=2;] SoapEngine - handler exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.ToXML.encodeIdentity(ToXML.java:185)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.GetInfo.doIdentities(GetInfo.java:235)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.GetInfo.handle(GetInfo.java:151)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:419)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:263)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:157)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:939)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

A strange thing I noticed : just few lines later, I also got the following exception :
Code:
com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: no such identity: MY_NAME
ExceptionId:sync-timer-dir:1266017409178:be1cfcf23d120dc2
Code:account.NO_SUCH_IDENTITY
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.NO_SUCH_IDENTITY(AccountServiceException.java:209)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning.modifyIdentity(OfflineProvisioning.java:1781)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncIdentity(DirectorySync.java:414)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncAccount(DirectorySync.java:287)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncAccount(DirectorySync.java:259)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.sync(DirectorySync.java:184)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncAllAccounts(DirectorySync.java:144)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync$1.run(DirectorySync.java:76)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Less that 1 second after that one, the synchronization process seems to start.
This second exception appeared only once, but the first one comes back every time I restart Prism...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Goulou

Few other infos : I first tried to set up my user directory at the default place, which happens to be on AFS. I quickly got lots IOException, thus gave up and set up my user data in a custom directory : that may help explain what happens here!