Thread: Attachment Download Feedback & Issue

atarikg is offline Starter Member

Unhappy Attachment Download Feedback & Issue

I've recently downloaded and installed Zimbra Desktop on my computer but the first thing I noticed was it downloaded all the attachments along with the old emails on my computer. I was keeping my old e-mails for further references but I don't wanna have them on my computer because it takes almost 1gb on my hard drive right now. Should it have been "to download the attachment, please click here" things rather than downloading all the things on my computer.

I tried to stop this feature but I think there is not an option like this. Because I couldn't find any option which seemed related to this problem.

To me "Giving link to download attachment" would be much better than "downloading whole things on my computer in downloading the e-mail" thing and I am now thinking why they didn't think such an option tho.

I do really like this application, it looks slick and easy-to-use. I am not here tom compare the Microsoft Outlook and this one but Zimbra has easier use and works the way I want except for the problem I mentioned above.

I hope you develop a feature for this soon.

Thank you very much.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by atarikg View Post
    To me "Giving link to download attachment" would be much better than "downloading whole things on my computer in downloading the e-mail" thing and I am now thinking why they didn't think such an option tho.
    Zimbra Desktop is an ofline mail client and it's meant to download everything to your local machine for offline use (that would include attachments). If you think an option to change that behaviour would be useful the file an RFE in bugzilla - please search bugzilla first to see if this feature has already been requested.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

atarikg is offline Starter Member

You may be right, but normally Outlook gives an option like "Download Only Headers" or "Download whole e-mail". I was expecting the same thing from this e-mail client application too, and it would be great to see such an option. Because I don't consider to download some attachments but keep the e-mail.

Anyways, thanks for the answer.

Thread Information