Thread: ONE email address, multiple users

stich86 is offline Special Member

Default ONE email address, multiple users

Hi guys,

i want to use the OSS zimbra on our callcenter to manage the info address in just one point. Now we have on each client an email program (Thunderbird) that fetch emails from a pop3 servers, and we the users send an email there is a bcc to conserve on each client a copy of sent message (with appropriate filters).

For now it's ok, but with a lot of messages and low maitenance, Thunderbird lost profile in a very easy mode. And me and my colleugue need to resetup the profile on Thunderbird. I need to avoid this annoying problem. But the problem starts here..

Is zimbra capable to use one email address accessed from more than one user at time?

i need an email address like info@domain.com that can be used from 12 people at same time without any problems..

I know that Lotus can do it, just create each "identities" for the 12 people and associated with the email address. I didn't see anything like this in zimbra (maybe it's a rare configuration..)

Hope I explained the problem and get a very fast answer

thanks!

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Why not just have each person log into the account? There is no limit on the number of machines that can log into an account at once. I would however suggest using IMAP rather then POP as it is a far better protocol for keeping a mailbox in sync with multiple people accessing it.

stich86 is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneMagus View Post
    Why not just have each person log into the account? There is no limit on the number of machines that can log into an account at once. I would however suggest using IMAP rather then POP as it is a far better protocol for keeping a mailbox in sync with multiple people accessing it.
    Our ISP doesn't have imap. The idea that i have is to setup a "dummy" installation of zimbra with a fake email and setup pop3 fetch of this email. So the inbox is populated from POP3 and the sent folder by the users.

So you can confirm me that I can use just one account with 12 people?

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Yes you should have no problems with this setup, you can have people access it via the web interface, Zimbra Desktop, Thunderbird, anything you want...

Thread Information