Thread: Account Authentication Failed

ankitsethi12 is offline New Member

Default Account Authentication Failed

When i tried to sync my account with zimbra, it downloads 70% of the messages and then a error displays, which says ACCOUNT AUTHENTICATION FAILED.. Can you please help me sort out this problem..
    Last edited by ankitsethi12; 08-14-2009 at 03:55 AM.

WCG
    WCG is offline New Member

I have the same problem. Please advise. Thank you!

pcOxygen is offline Junior Member

In Zimbra "My Accounts" click on "Edit" for the account that is failing authentication. In the Sending Mail section, tick the box that says Authentication "Username and password required to send mail". Then enter your email account user name and password. Then Validate and Save.

Quote Originally Posted by pcOxygen View Post
    In Zimbra "My Accounts" click on "Edit" for the account that is failing authentication. In the Sending Mail section, tick the box that says Authentication "Username and password required to send mail". Then enter your email account user name and password. Then Validate and Save.
    thanx, problem solved

WCG
    WCG is offline New Member

Thank you, pCOxygen. Question- does your tip apply to zimbra desktop (ZD)? I can't seem to find "My Accounts" button in my version of ZD. However, my ZD has an "Account Setup" button which allows me to go back to edit the account, then validate and save.

Does the "My Accounts" button appear if I have multiple accounts registered?

In any case, my ZD seems to be functioning properly now. So, thank you again!

WCG

pcOxygen is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WCG View Post
    Thank you, pCOxygen. Question- does your tip apply to zimbra desktop (ZD)? I can't seem to find "My Accounts" button in my version of ZD. However, my ZD has an "Account Setup" button which allows me to go back to edit the account, then validate and save.

Does the "My Accounts" button appear if I have multiple accounts registered?

In any case, my ZD seems to be functioning properly now. So, thank you again!

WCG
    That is correct. If you're viewing Zimbra Desktop the "Account Setup" will appear at the top-right section of the page and take you to "My Accounts" window. I believe you have the same version as I do.

Thanks for posting back and letting us know this worked.

P.S. The reason why I know about this "Account Authentication Failed" is because I were receiving the same error, until I figured out the problem and it's solution.

Default Authentication Failed----Synchronisation Error

Initially my problem was solved as far as the "Authentication Failed Error" was concerned. I used to go to Account set up, put my password again and it used to synchronise problem. But since yesterday, when i put my password again in Account Setup, it says "account validated" but it does not start synchronisation. There is no button to which i can click so that synchronisation starts. Please help me solve this problem.

chiomzie is offline Intermediate Member

Default failed authentication

i have the ZD, i click the reset or edit buttom whenever i get this error report BUTTTTTTT time and time again i still get the same error.
    pls pls pls help

Thread Information