I just had Zimbra Desktop eat 200MB of my mail from my account. Here is the history:
1. mydomain.com had existing pop service.
2. Download Zimbra, setup account, there's my mail.
3. I used this with IMAP for several months.
4. Then, I setup a Zimbra server. Used a different domain there and generally had an acceptable experience for 5 months about.
5. Decided to migrate mydomain.com to Zimbra.
6. Performed migration successfully.
7. ZDesktop seems perfectly happy as I continue to send/receive mail via IMAP.
8. Go to setup my account in ZDesktop as a Zimbra server connection, but got an error the email address was already setup (with the imap connection).
9. So, I exited setup and went over to the account in question.
10. I had several local folders where I have been dutifully collectin mail so I set them to synchronize. Right click, turn on sync.
11. Click send/receive.
12. Folders disappear. Eats about 200MB of mail very quickly.
13. Log into Zimbra server through browser and the mail isn't there.
14. Navigate to /zimbra/zdesktop/store and the mail is missing from there as well. It's just gone.
Why did this happen? Can I get my mail back?