Thread: Email not listed......?

tarson is offline Member

Question Email not listed......?

I don't see the email address of one of my accounts, so how do I import that email account to my Zimbra?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tarson View Post
    I don't see the email address of one of my accounts, so how do I import that email account to my Zimbra?
    I don't understand your question, what do you mean by 'don't see the email address'? Which email address are you talking about?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

tarson is offline Member

Default email not listed

I have email accounts with 'mail.com' and 'woomail' but they are not listed on the drop down selection:

"select account type"

They show:
    zimbra
    yahoo!mail
    gmail
    microsoft live hotmail
    aol mail
    microsoft exchange IMAP
    IMAP
    POP

How do I get my mail.com account on Zimbra Desktop?

mmorse is offline Moderator

If you have mail.com premium service you can use POP/SMTP (select 'leave on server' unless sure you want to delete messages from their servers/web-client access.) They have no IMAP (which would be better than POP) that I can tell from searching their help, or running nmap scans on a few hosts.

(This is not unusual, many sites restrict external thick-client access to paying customers only, since they want to display ads in their web-client.)

Woomail.com has no IMAP/POP that I can tell from searching their help.

However I'd get off them anyways:
    Dear Woomail users

Due to low activity and new sign ups, I have decided to close this program to the general public. Please download any important messages as all will be deleted when the system closes.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and urge you to download your messages no later than July 11th, 2009, all message will be deleted from the server after this day.
    Interesting by 'download' they must mean open & copy or forward as I see no thick-client connection directions; might have to contact them and ask.
    Last edited by mmorse; 06-13-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: contact link

tarson is offline Member

Default Email not listed

OMG, Woomail never informed its users that it was going out of business!!!!! I could have lost some information if it hadn't been for you!!! (FYI, they let me forward the emails that were in the account. I didn't have to copy and paste.)

Anyway, I'm still having problems getting 'mail.com' onto Zimbra Desktop.

I tried to 'add a new account' and got this message:

' "POP:110" host not found. Please check hostname and network connectivity. '

What wrong information did I enter? Was it the 'Incoming Mail Server'? ( I put POP ) Should the number be different for the 'Port'?

P.S.
    I also have an account with 'mail2world', what information do I need to get that onto Zimbra?

P.P.S.
    Hey, thanks for your help.

Just a note at the top of the inbox, probably should email woomail.com users about it...
    Besides forward, I found the 'download' they were referring to in the upper right > saves it as a .doc

I can't test mail.com thick-client access unless I buy premium service, but according to this list it's pop1.mail.com (which would make sence since their web-client is mail01 or beta01) outgoing is probably smtp01.mail.com (though nmap's don't return ports I would expect open).
    Mail.com just offers these few links about it - I assume there's more provided on connection directions if your actually premium.

mail2world.com requires platinum membership for IMAP4/POP3/SMTP as noted here & here - are you?

Doesn't state the connection information in their normal help - clicking the articles takes you to the paid service signups first rather than the guide - makes sense in order to get people to signup, but also harder for me to assist you.

Might utilize the contact methods:
    contact us page for mail.com
    contact us page for mail2world.com
    Last edited by mmorse; 06-13-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Did you mean to reply with something else? I just got a duplicate of your previous "OMG, Woomail" post. (I removed the dupe.)

tarson is offline Member

Question Email not listed

I got a 'message not sent' message so I tried a second time. Sorry 'bout that.

(Hey, how come the emoticons don't work?) Example "", not a face.

tarson is offline Member

Default Email not listed

OMG! The face came out after I posted! CUTE.

Please disregard the previous question.

tarson is offline Member

Default Email not listed

Sounds a little beyond me, but I will give it a good try when I have the time and then get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Just a note at the top of the inbox, probably should email woomail.com users about it...
    Besides forward, I found the 'download' they were referring to in the upper right > saves it as a .doc

I can't test mail.com thick-client access unless I buy premium service, but according to this list it's pop1.mail.com (which would make sence since their web-client is mail01 or beta01) outgoing is probably smtp01.mail.com (though nmap's don't return ports I would expect open).
    Mail.com just offers these few links about it - I assume there's more provided on connection directions if your actually premium.

mail2world.com requires platinum membership for IMAP4/POP3/SMTP as noted here & here - are you?

Doesn't state the connection information in their normal help - clicking the articles takes you to the paid service signups first rather than the guide - makes sense in order to get people to signup, but also harder for me to assist you.

Might utilize the contact methods:
    contact us page for mail.com
    contact us page for mail2world.com

Thread Information