Thread: Help with junk email PLEASE!!

rodeogal is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Help with junk email PLEASE!!

Okay, I'm going to give Zimbra another try. There's one primary issue I have, and that is that I cannot find anything to help with junk email. My ex got mad at me and entered my email address in a bunch of crap stuff, and I cannot easily change my email. It's "myname@myname.com", and I've been using it for several years. Is there a way, besides all the "opting out" (cause that takes waaaay too much time to do from each email), to put settings so that I don't have to delete 100 junk emails every hour?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Try using the 'Junk' button on a some of the email, it should recognise them as junk after a while. If that doesn't work you could use a filter to delete those emails you don't need, be careful because the delete feature really does delete the email and it's gone. You need to make sure that type of filter is accurate before you set it to delete so I'd suggest a dry run of tagging them or filing them in a folder first before you set them to delete.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Angry I think you misunderstood my question....

I HAVE been marking those items as junk. The problem is that I NEED a program that filters those junk mail FOR ME. I really would prefer to go back to using the GoDaddy email client, but apparently, I'm trapped here. SO, for my next question, HOW CAN I COMPLETELY GET RID OF USING ZIMBRA????? I asked this before and the response led me to believe that I'm permanently hooked into using Zimbra. I DON'T WANT TO USE THIS PROGRAM ANYMORE!!!!!
    Last edited by phoenix; 06-07-2009 at 10:57 AM.

I've edited your post to remove the stupid large red letters. Don't put posts like that on the forums, we're perfectly capable of reading your post and understanding what you ask. Why don't you try giving some information about what operating system you're using? I'm not a mind reader and don't know if it's a MAC, Linux or Windows or you could actually do something really drastic and search the forums for an answer.

BTW, you're not 'hooked into using Zimbra' you can easily uninstall it.
    Regards

Bill

Angry Fine....

No more large red letters.

I'm so frustrated....I've researched the forum for the answer to my question, I've posted a message before asking the same question. Your answer was ONLY to the effect that I had to go thru the Zimbra server to get my emails. So, with that out on the table, how am I supposed to know any different?? On the forums, I've read....from the admin people...that if I stop using Zimbra, I cannot recover the emails I've received thru Zimbra, that there is no way to transfer them back to my previous email server (GoDaddy is what I was using). When I read up on this "program" BEFORE I downloaded it, there was no indication that this was a complete server, but a program similar to Outlook, which, by the way, does NOT remove all emails from the server!

It would be really helpful to us "stupid people" who are NOT techie's if descriptions were in plain English!

So, again, with no big red letters.......

.....how do I stop using Zimbra, transfer my emails I've received thru Zimbra back to my original server, and get away from it altogether???

PS.....don't assume I sit at my computer all day and all night to read the Zimbra forum. I'm a single mother working 2 jobs, and I choose to spend my free time with my children, not on a forum!!!

Nobody mentioned that you had to use a Zimbra server, I certainly didn't. You also haven't asked before how you can uninstall Zimbra Desktop, you haven't even answered my question about which operating system you're using.

There really are instructions here in plain English on how to install/uninstall products and it wouldn't have taken you long to find them.

Having said that, here's the instructions for uninstalling ZD: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Download and Install FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

I believe you were given an answer on transferring the email in your original thread. I'm sorry you feel ZD isn't for you and hope you find something more to your liking.
    Regards

Bill

Default still frustrated....

I've been moving to a new place, so have not had my computer online for a week. Anyhow, no, YOU did not say I had to use the zimbra server, but the response to my initial question in my very first post here wasn't clear...to me...that I didn't have to use it. I'm using Windows XP. I DO know how to uninstall programs. That's why I didn't ask how. And yes, the other person who responded did say how to migrate back to Outlook, except that I don't understand what he said (what's an imap account??).

Regardless, as I said in my last post, I want to go back to using the GoDaddy webmail tool. I am very concerned that if I uninstall the Zimbra program, I will lose all the emails I've received while using it. Please, can you just explain to me how to make sure I can save.....AND put back on the GoDaddy server......these emails?? This whole thing has been frustrating, and I would really appreciate a straight answer.....and without, please, making me feel stupid. I don't assume you can read my mind, please don't assume I know the information you need to help me (like what operating system and such).

Thank you.
    Last edited by rodeogal; 06-18-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added info

Thread Information