Thread: no spell check in compose window?

bbarrons is offline Special Member

Default no spell check in compose window?

I have zimbra suite installed on 2 servers and have been using the web product for a year now. I started to test the desktop to see if it will work for our users and today I see that when I compose it does not give me a spell check link. misspelled words are highlighted ( not all) but there is no link to force a spell check. I go back to the web version and it is there.... any ideas?
    Bill

mmorse is offline Moderator

You should be able to right click and get spelling suggestions though.

As of Beta 3 / build 1278 we now provide corrections via Prism xulrunner dictionary (it previously just underlined): Bug 30610 - Spellcheck suggests don't work in email editor

In RC2 / build 1513 since adding Aspell would require Apache, we hid the button to avoid confusion: Bug 23112 - support spell check

(Most modern browsers also have spell check built-in should you be using another with Zimbra Desktop. We may throw in a light web container later, or possibly someday run Aspell with the existing Jetty, but adding another server product when there was already Mozilla's integrated checking seemed a waste of system resources and effort at the time. Especially since our Aspell dosen't yet have multiple language dictionaries. Bug 22255 - Spell checker not i18n ready)
    Last edited by mmorse; 05-30-2009 at 09:47 AM.

bbarrons is offline Special Member

yes, some items are found to be mispelled and are underlined so that a suggested spelling is there but when I use zimbra with firefox I have the spell check feature and when I force it to spell check it finds more errors. zimbra desktop misses quite a few.

ziv
    ziv is offline Starter Member

When will this be fixed in Zimbra Desktop? The red underlines are there, but only about 1/3 or 1/4 of the words are actually caught. It's a horrible spell checker. If you copy-paste into Microsoft Word, you get a REAL spell checker.

How hard is it to just integrate a real spell checker? It's really annoying to keep copying and pasting to/from Word. The formatting is ruined, and it's just painful...

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

some examples of uncaught misspellings? thanks.

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

Thread Information