Thread: Sharing contacts and calendar

green_earth is offline New Member

Default Sharing contacts and calendar

Sorry to be lazy folks and not spend too much time searching the forum, but I'm just looking for a quick answer on Zimbra desktop. I've searched for some time to find an opensource/free or very low cost substitute for Outlook that would allow just two users - my wife and I - to share contacts and calendars. This is such a pain for both of us, I just can't find anything economical that will let us do that as independent users! Can Zimbra Desktop accomplish this? This is not for business, it's for personal use only. Help?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

What kind of accounts you have? Yahoo Mail or Zimbra (ZCS) accounts? Sharing only works on Zimbra accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by green_earth View Post
    Sorry to be lazy folks and not spend too much time searching the forum, but I'm just looking for a quick answer on Zimbra desktop. I've searched for some time to find an opensource/free or very low cost substitute for Outlook that would allow just two users - my wife and I - to share contacts and calendars. This is such a pain for both of us, I just can't find anything economical that will let us do that as independent users! Can Zimbra Desktop accomplish this? This is not for business, it's for personal use only. Help?

green_earth is offline New Member

Thank you for responding jmhe. Niether my wife or I have a Zimbra account yet, but would be happy to get one if it meant we could share contacts and calendars. We both have a couple yahoo and gmail accounts, but we're not very concerned about using those to share. So, what do I do to get a zimbra account(s) and start sharing - simply download and signup?

Thread Information