Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops! Browser is blocking Popups

peer is offline Junior Member

Question Oops! Browser is blocking Popups

When I click an attachment (attached Email) Zimbra Desktop shows the following errer: "Oops! Browser is blocking Popups". How can I turn this off?
    Regards

nacho is offline Junior Member

Are you running this inside firefox? Have a look at the popup blocker preferences

I don't know what browser Zimbra Desktop uses (to me it looks like an independent application). I usually use Firefox yes, but the popup message appears only with Zimbra Desktop. It works perfectly with Zimbra webinterface (with Firefox).
    Last edited by peer; 05-18-2009 at 08:24 AM.

nacho is offline Junior Member

It uses Prism by default.

Very strange - I don't have the issue. I'll leave this to someone who knows more about prism

king0770 is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by peer View Post
    When I click an attachment (attached Email) Zimbra Desktop shows the following errer: "Oops! Browser is blocking Popups". How can I turn this off?
    Regards
    Peer,

Does this happen everytime you attempt to attach a file to a message?

If so, can you do another attempt, then send the zdesktop.log file?

No it doesn't happen when I attach a file. It happens when I either try to detach the email composer or check the box "create new message in new window".

Strangely enough...now it works after a reboot. If it happens again, i'll check that log file.
    Thanks anyway.

btw: the logfile contains quite a lot of date I wouldn't want to share with the internet. ;-)
    Last edited by peer; 05-19-2009 at 02:56 AM.

king0770 is offline Zimbra Employee

Well let us know if it happens again. If it does, you can send a private message to me with the file.

Take care!

Lamar Veatch is offline Starter Member

Default Woops! Popups -

I'm also having this message pop up from time to time, blocking my view of that particular email. I'm also using Firefox, in which I've carefully turned off the pop-up blocker. I would also appreciate any suggestions for a resolution to this problem.

---Lamar

Siechert is offline Starter Member

Default This is specific to Zimbra

We had the same problem here.

Browser: Firefox, Windows

What we found so far is that turning off the pop-up blocker has no effect. However, we did learn that this only happens when you double-click on the subject of the unread email. If you double-click on the from area of the unread message, the message will open just fine.

Also, once the message has been read, it will then allow you to double-click on the subject area of the unread message, and no problems opening.

DavidB is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siechert View Post
    We had the same problem here.

What we found so far is that turning off the pop-up blocker has no effect. However, we did learn that this only happens when you double-click on the subject of the unread email. If you double-click on the from area of the unread message, the message will open just fine.

Also, once the message has been read, it will then allow you to double-click on the subject area of the unread message, and no problems opening.
    Aha - that really helped, but Firefox on Windows can still easily get to a point where nothing works except to drop Firefox and restart. It can happen several times a day. I have seen variations of this problem on Prism/Windows and Zimbra Desktop on Windows as well. If anyone can help nail this, it would be great. I'm willing to test, provide logs, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information