Thread: Change Yahoo pword in browser, Zdesktop not connecting

Poet is offline Starter Member

Question Change Yahoo pword in browser, Zdesktop not connecting

Greetings. I have been paying Yahoo for mail plus service for almost 10 years and I have a lot of cannot-lose data in the mail account. I am by no means a power user and will pay for data security over an open source app that is less stable or is time consuming. I have been using Zimbra desktop for a few days with no problems until a few minutes ago.

Today I changed my Yahoo account password in Firefox (not ZD), and the Yahoo confirm page after completing the change indicated that three external services were cut as a result of the change. I don't have the page up but believe that two of them had Zimbra in the name and the third was Yahoo mobile (which I assume is part of the process of Zimbra accessing the account).

Upon re-opening ZD, I sent a test email to myself and it remains in the ZD outbox--ZD is no longer accessing the account. I attempted to edit the password through the account setting link on the upper right quarter of the page. As reported in another post by another user, the password line reverted back to the number of characters used in the old password, and I'm told that I'm locked out of the Yahoo account. I tried other things such as terminating Zimbra related processes and wiping the Firefox cache (as suggested on another thread in the forum). No luck.

Is there a simple solution to what must be a very common problem? I downloaded Zimbra from your website several days ago. I spent several hours building tasks today (basically migrating by hand because you don't appear to support pst imports). If I am forced to reinstall, do I lose that because Yahoo mail does not have tasks? I'm starting to worry about data stability. Don't mean to be negative but if the app isn't bulletproof I'm thinking I'll sit this out in Outlook until Zimbra fills out. The idea of it as a Yahoo Mail specific desktop app is very attractive.

Help please.

Thanks.

ezu
    ezu is offline Loyal Member

Default Facing the same problem (Yahoo account locked)

I am too facing the same problem after changing the Yahoo password using browser.

How do I "unlock" the account so that Zimbra can once again connect to the server and sync with the mail without losing anything in the offline storage.

I cannot locate or access the page on Yahoo that listed the services which were "revoked" in Yahoo (including Zimbra).
    Last edited by ezu; 06-28-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Poet is offline Starter Member

Default Phone's ringing, no one's answering...

After going unanswered for over a month, I realized I wasn't going to get help.

I bought Outlook 2007 and haven't looked back. Please note that Outlook does not try to sync with what's in Yahoo--you will need to come up with another way if you need redundancy. I had more than 2 GB in my Yahoo and it now sits on my hard drive. I am duplicating to a portable HD every week or two, but thinking of setting up an online backup system.

Good luck.

adamovera is offline New Member

Default Same here

I also cannot get zimbra desktop to connect to my yahoo.com email account after changing the password online. pls help

t_lo is offline Starter Member

Default Same exact problem

I'm having the same exact problem and I'm urgently looking for a solution / workaround. Isn't there any? Thanks in advance!

mimiRose is offline Member

Has a solution been found to this problem?

Thread Information