Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotmail connection issue.

k.electron is offline Active Member

Default Hotmail connection issue.

I am trying to add my account using the microsoft live hotmail pull down option. here is the error i keep getting.

service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to mail store: DataSource: { id=454e3fd6-c562-437c-81ad-709582299df5, type=live, isEnabled=true, name=xxxxxxx@hotmail.com, host=www.hotmail.com, port=80, connectionType=cleartext, username=xxxxxxx@hotmail.com, folderId=1 }

If i try to use the hotmail pop settings and setup a pop account, im able to fetch my mail, but it does not allow me to leave a copy on the server saying UIDL is not supported. so im forced to download my mail forever, which i dont want to do. also i cannot sync my contacts this way.

so how do i get hotmail synced, leaving a copy on the server and sync contacts as well?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

my hotmail is accessible via pop so i dont see why zimbra cannot be configured to access it. i can do it via pop option in zimbra, but i cant seem to leave my messages on the server. thats all i am interested in. i dont want to delete mail on server just because zimbra looked at it. that configuration option always fails to validate with a "the mailbox does not support UIDL" error message.

and i know that with outlook i can keep my hotmail on the server as well. so this is something that needs fixing from zimbra.

what about the clear text passwords vulnerability? has that been fixed?
    Yahoo's Zimbra e-mail program exposes passwords | Security - CNET News
    this is the link that brings the news about passwords being transmitted unencrypted thus offering no security.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Bug 30643 - Optional Support to disable UIDL-Requirement for POP3 Servers

That particular security issue against Y! was fixed - first via secure cookie auth, then we implemented complete SSL for all IMAP communication with Yahoo! accounts.

very cool. im quite impressed with the way zimbra functions and looks.

as soon as that bug is fixed and pushed out to me, i can put my hotmail accounts on zimbra, leave the message on server and actually start using it.

i like the idea of using an approach similar to thunderbirds TOP usage.

hopefully u'll have this out before windows live mail has support for yahoo.
    because all i need is a single mail client that can handle yahoo, gmail and hotmail without having to do any funky localhost webmail downloader.

tfr
    tfr is offline Zimbra Employee

Your account probably does not allow webdav access. Only Hotmail plus accounts and some old accounts (that were grandfathered in) allow that. You will probably have to upgrade to a paid service, though you can try emailing Hotmail support to see if they will enable your free account.

Also, Live contact sync has been disabled because Microsoft shutdown access to it - the URL is still sent during login, but is no longer accessible

all hotmail supports pop. in fact i can access hotmail using pop on zimbra, all i need is the ability to leave messages on the server. thunderbird does it, outlook does it, hell even my phone does it.

zimbra doesnt even try, complains about UIDL not being supported and refuses to sync the mail. basically forces me to uncheck "leave messages on server" option.

any updates on the fix mentioned in the bug zilla report?

still waiting on "leave messages on server option" for non-UIDL servers.

seems kinda pointless moving out of beta if this is still an issue because most of the account setup pages still read beta access.

is this ever going to be fixed, or should i start pestering microsoft live mail to support free yahoo mail accounts and then uninstall zimbra?

You said, "Windows Live Account - You MUST first enable client access". How does one enable client access and what does that mean?

now it doesnt need anything to be enabled.

live supports pop access by default.

Zimbra still doesnt support pop without UIDL. no estimate on when it will.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information