Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Filters not working - how can I debug?

  1. #1
    swechsler is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Filters not working - how can I debug?

    I've set up a few filters in my gmail account on Zimbra, but none of them seem to be firing. It's basic stuff, just move a message to a particular folder based on a sender.

    Are there any known issues with filters and gmail? If not, how can I debug the problem?

    I'm running 32 bit Vista if it makes any difference.

    Thanks,

    Steve

  2. #2
    jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    it only works on new messages coming into Inbox. is that what you are trying to do?

  3. #3
    swechsler is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yes, sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that. I want to filter mail as it arrives.

  4. #4
    kentm is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Zimbra not running filters

    I also created two filters which are simply not running on new messages. Both are very simple.

    If message is to joe@example.com then delete
    If message has **Spam** in the subject then delete

    Neither are working and I have gone through them several times to make sure I set everything right. Is this a bug in 5.0?

    I am running on zcs-5.0.12_GA_2789.RHEL5.20090126051426 with CentOS 5.2. New build as of January.

    Thanks,

    Kent

  5. #5
    kentm is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I saw the bug about the multiple "*"s and changed both the spam identifier and the filter to ^^Spam^^ to no avail. That bug also would not explain the filter without *s not working.

    Is anyone else having this issue?

    Thanks,

    Kent

    Bug 35983 – Filter match strings with multiple "*" characters cause thread hangs
    Last edited by kentm; 03-28-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to reference the bug.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 'Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server"
    By chirag1 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Sudden problem synching with gmail
    By bouchardpie in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 09:50 AM
  3. Unable to access Yahoo account via Zimbra Desktop
    By drdrem in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
  4. Moving to different server
    By AaronW1000 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
  5. zdesktop issue report (2008-05-22 17:25:42): mail.NO_SUCH_MSG
    By John Marsden, FH Ba in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •