Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Some UI questions/issues:

  1. #1
    swechsler is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Some UI questions/issues:

    Just started using Zimbra last night, hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment about:

    1. When using a new window to read email messages, URLs are not parsed and highlighted like they are in the reading pane.
    2. When using a new window to read messages, is there any way to navigate (e.g. next, previous, delete, reply, etc)? For example, in Outlook, I can use, respectively, Control-<, Control->, Control-D and Control-R from the message pane.
    3. When viewing list of messages, pageup/down keys don't work. Addionally, there doesn't be any way to go to next group of messages without clicking on the arrows in the toolbar (Control-Pageup and Control-Pagedown would map well to this function). This should be automatic when you get to the end of the page. Is there any reason that we're restricted to displaying no more than 100 messages at once? Also, control-home and control-end should go to first and last messages in the account.
    4. Why is there no "to" column in the message list?
    5. Why can't I sort by "From" column?
    6. Is there any way to run rules on existing messages? It seems that a rule can only be applied to messages that come in after that particular rule has been created.
    7. Some options should be global. For example, if I turn off the reading pane for one account, I should be able to do it for all accounts without having to change each account individually.
    8. A suggestion: since this uses a SQL database as a back end, how about having the ability to create permanent filters based on SQL queries.
    9. Another suggestion: the ability to create pseudo-folders using these filters, so, for example, I can easily read all unread messages from the last week.
    10. I see another user already reported this issue, so I'm not going to bother, but I get a "Failure communicating with server" on one of my Yahoo accounts. This one has over 1 GB of data in the inbox according to Zimbra. It's also a Mail Plus account (I assume the former is related to the problem).

    I don't want it to seem like I'm complaining; it's great that there's finally an email client that can talk to multiple Yahoo accounts, and I realize that it's a work in progress.

    Steve

  2. #2
    mmorse's Avatar
    mmorse is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Welcome to the forums, some RFE's to vote for:

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    1. When using a new window to read email messages, URLs are not parsed and highlighted like they are in the reading pane.
    Bug 24862 - Update common zimlets with attribute to load in detached windows

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    2. When using a new window to read messages, is there any way to navigate (e.g. next, previous, delete, reply, etc)? For example, in Outlook, I can use, respectively, Control-<, Control->, Control-D and Control-R from the message pane.
    Bug 17584 - full featured detached message view
    Bug 21012 - Navigate while message is detached

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    3. When viewing list of messages, pageup/down keys don't work.
    Bug 34485 - Page down and Page up do not work for scrolling mails in inbox
    Bug 31651 - [ and ] message nav keys mapped backwards (fixed in GNR 6.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    Addionally, there doesn't be any way to go to next group of messages without clicking on the arrows in the toolbar (Control-Pageup and Control-Pagedown would map well to this function).
    Use left right arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    This should be automatic when you get to the end of the page.
    Bug 14101 - Mail folders should show all mail / scroll in real time
    Bug 31648 - Message list navigation disrespects pagination (Go to to next page on hitting bottom of list via up-down arrows or double bounce of scoll bar, rather than having to use left-right arrows/buttons.)

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    Is there any reason that we're restricted to displaying no more than 100 messages at once?
    Bug 7411 - allow display of greater than 100 (or arbitrary number) items per page (you can override it, but it's not suggested at present)
    Most just really want: Bug 4175 - Permit the selection of all messages in a folder
    Jump to page: Bug 8712 - Should provide quick page navigation functionality for a mail folder
    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    Also, control-home and control-end should go to first and last messages in the account.
    File it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    4. Why is there no "to" column in the message list?
    Bug 19754 - "To" column for inbox

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    5. Why can't I sort by "From" column?
    You can, but only in message view currently. Bug 7972 - Mail sort using FROM column for conversation view

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    6. Is there any way to run rules on existing messages? It seems that a rule can only be applied to messages that come in after that particular rule has been created.
    Already possible in GNR (ZCS 6.0 & future ZD releases):



    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    7. Some options should be global. For example, if I turn off the reading pane for one account, I should be able to do it for all accounts without having to change each account individually.
    8. A suggestion: since this uses a SQL database as a back end, how about having the ability to create permanent filters based on SQL queries.
    File em if you think it's needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    9. Another suggestion: the ability to create pseudo-folders using these filters, so, for example, I can easily read all unread messages from the last week.
    Easier to create a saved search based on a relative date:
    is:anywhere is:unread date:-1week




    Quote Originally Posted by swechsler View Post
    10. I see another user already reported this issue, so I'm not going to bother, but I get a "Failure communicating with server" on one of my Yahoo accounts. This one has over 1 GB of data in the inbox according to Zimbra. It's also a Mail Plus account (I assume the former is related to the problem).
    Log snips? <install>/zimbra/zdesktop/logs/zdesktop.log (State your operating system if you need help finding it.) Also enable debug trace in account setup.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •