Thread: [SOLVED] Does ZDesktop open your ZCS calendar?

gnu2tux is offline Intermediate Member

Default [SOLVED] Does ZDesktop open your ZCS calendar?

Hi,

I just installed the Zimbra Desktop (the latest version from the Zimbra downloads page). I told it to connect to my corporate ZCS server and all my emails appeared before me, great.

However, I get a blank calendar. Does the ZD product sync your calendar from the ZCS NE server? If not, then I don't really see the point in this product.

Oh btw whilst I'm at the rants, the help button in the ZD product (top right) goes to a 404 not found.

Otherwise, it's the start of a promising product. Would be nice to see IM supported like it is in the NE web client.

Thanks!

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gnu2tux View Post
    However, I get a blank calendar. Does the ZD product sync your calendar from the ZCS NE server? If not, then I don't really see the point in this product.
    It should. What's your server version? Type $set:get version in the AJAX web-client search bar. Do address books/tasks/docs/briefcase items sync? Check the <install path>/log/zdesktop.log & turn on debug trace in account setup to see more detailed errors.
    Oh btw whilst I'm at the rants, the help button in the ZD product (top right) goes to a 404 not found.
    This is fixed in the next release: Bug 30827 - Help link redirection give 404 error
    Seems we decided against a redirect for the current URL, but you can visit it via: http://www.zimbra.com/desktop/help/en_US/Zimbra_User_Help.htm

Otherwise, it's the start of a promising product. Would be nice to see IM supported like it is in the NE web client.
    Vote for: Bug 30250 - offline : Instant Messaging RFE & Bug 27076 - offline - show chat folder

gnu2tux is offline Intermediate Member

Ah, it appears I may have been hasty.

It turns out that it just takes a long time to sync over our VPN. I must have stopped it syncing half way through and I guess that's why it took so many hours. I let it be on it's own and all seems well.

Thanks for your quick response. I like the Yahoo facelift the ZD product was given in the most recent release.

django is offline Junior Member

I have been using zimbra desktop with a ZCS server run by Westnet in Australi. Westnet tell me they are able to sync non-email folders (calendars, contacts, tasks, etc.) with MS Outlook through a plugin or extra software of some type. However, they can't achieve sync with zimbra desktop except for email. I used the command recommended by mmorse in this thread to get my verion details:

Client Version: 5.0.18_GA_3011.RHEL4_64
    Client Release: 20090707151050
    Build Date: 20090707-1516

It'd really help me to synchronise these non-email folders, so any suggestions are welcome. Note that right-clicking on the folder names on the side panel does not produce a "Sync On/Off" option for these folders; it does for email folders.

Thread Information